Would you like to see more Local beers in your local?
Melbourne's Local Brewing are searching for a brand ambassador to join them.
Job Description: Brand Ambassador - Direct Sales
Local Brewing Co. is an independently owned craft brewery established in 2019 by a group of mates with a simple business idea, “let’s create great beer that starts a conversation and gives back”. Since then, we have been moving towards our goal to become the most socially and environmentally friendly brewery in Australia that inspires and drives real impact. We provide a meal to someone in need for every 4-pack and pint purchased to our charity partner SecondBite. Local Brewing Co has a highly ambitious growth trajectory in the coming years - with the opening of our taproom recently and ranging in leading national retailers we are seeking passionate people to join us on our exciting journey.
We are seeking a dynamic and motivated Brand Ambassador - Direct Sales to join our team at Local Brewing Co. This role will play a pivotal part in expanding our brand presence in the direct market in VIC, specifically targeting high density on-prem venues and independent off-premise venues. You will report directly to the Sales Manager, and between you will help drive direct sales in Victoria for core range, limiteds and seasonal releases. You’ll get influence over key production, marketing and sales decision-making with development opportunities to help you progress in the business over time.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key decision-makers at venues and bottleshops, identifying opportunities for partnerships, promotional activities, and special events.
- Monitor market trends, competitor activities, and customer preferences to identify new business opportunities and stay ahead of industry changes.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to develop sales collateral, promotional materials, and marketing campaigns to support sales efforts in the direct market.
- Participate and advocate at industry events, festivals and tastings to increase brand visibility and build a strong network within the craft beer community.
- Work closely with the production team to ensure product availability, manage inventory levels, and facilitate timely order fulfilment.
- Be agile and engaged with the brand, some days may present challenges and opportunities but most importantly have fun with the team.
- Proven experience in sales, preferably in the craft beer industry or beverage sector.
- Excellent communication and negotiation abilities, with a knack for building and maintaining customer relationships.
- In-depth knowledge of the direct market segment, specifically venues and bottleshops, with a strong network of contacts in the industry.
- Self-driven and results-oriented, with a demonstrated track record of exceeding sales goals.
- Flexibility to travel and work evenings or weekends, as required.
- Valid driver's licence and clean driving record.
- Second to a love for craft beer, a love for keeping the workplace clean and tidy.
- A focus on getting the job finished on time.
- Team player.
Remuneration and benefits:
- $65-75k p/a including super package depending on experience
- Professional learning opportunities such as Beer Cicerone (Level 1 & 2)
- Become a part owner of the business from the Employee Stock Ownership Plan that rewards individual performance and embodiment of values
- Access to a company vehicle during the work week
Join us at Local Brewing Co. and be part of an exciting journey to revolutionise the craft beer landscape. We offer competitive compensation, a vibrant work environment, and the opportunity to contribute to the growth of a leading craft brewery. Local Brewing Co. is an equal opportunity employer.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest.