Wolf of the Willows are a family-run brewery in Melbourne's south-east.
If you'd like to join that family, they're hiring a trainee brewer/packaging assistant.
Job Description: Trainee Brewer / Packaging Assistant
Established in 2014, Wolf of the Willows is an award winning, independently owned brewer in Melbourne’s South East.
We strive to make great booze whilst supporting local business and community, reducing our impact on the environment, and promoting a positive drinking culture. In late 2019, we moved into a new production brewery and taproom site in Mordialloc, Victoria. In late 2021, we launched Aqua Boogie Boozy Seltzers. Steady growth has meant we’re looking to expand the Wolf of the Willows team and are after someone to assist the brewers and taproom staff.
About the role:
This is an entry-level position. While no experience in brewing or packaging is required, knowledge of brewing fundamentals and processes is highly favourable.
- Assist brewers on the packaging lines
- Performing inventory counts of finished goods, packaging material and raw material
- Moving and warehousing finished goods and packaging material
- Ensure FIFO stock rotation is employed and that stock is maintained in an organised and presentable condition
- Ensuring product quality and consistency with regular checks and record keeping
- Cellar management including daily fermentation tracking, dry hopping and yeast handling
- Conduct clean-in-place procedures on packaging lines and throughout cellar
- Routine cleaning to ensure equipment cleanliness and workplace hygiene
- Additional shifts in the taproom will be required, including night and weekend shifts
- Future opportunities to be trained into a production/all-rounder role
- Hours and package to be discussed with the right candidate
- Want a start a career in the brewing industry
- A passion and enthusiasm for craft beer
- A great work ethic and willingness to learn
- Adopt a ‘no job is too small’ style of work where we support each other’s workflow
- Effective problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Great interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude and problem solving/trouble shooting skills
- Possesses the ability to lift 25kg and be on your feet for extended periods
The following attributes will be an advantage for the selection of the successful applicant:
- Forklift License and OHS training
- Previous experience in a brewery or food and beverage industry
- Homebrewing experience
- Hospitality experience
- Trade experience and/or experience with heavy machinery
What we offer:
- Genuine career path in the brewing industry, demonstrated by multiple staff being promoted internally to senior brewing roles.
- Work for an independent, family owned and run business.
- A company culture that values inclusiveness, diversity, creativity and getting genuine satisfaction from your job.
Please apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume addressing the above criteria.