BentSpoke Brewing make award-winning beer and they've built a vibrant community in their home city Canberra and beyond.
If you'd like to help build that community, they want to hear from you.
Job Description: Events and Community Coordinator
Nothing worthwhile comes easily. Taking the familiar road can rob life of its flavour. So, at BentSpoke, we take a more adventurous route, knowing all too well that we will bend a few spokes along the way.
BentSpoke Brewing Co. is a Canberra-based Independent brewery that puts ‘Bending the Rules of Beer’ at the heart of our brand. We turn the best ingredients into high quality, intriguing and approachable beers to be enjoyed all around Australia. After almost 9 years of sustainable growth, we remain fiercely independent, immersed in our local communities, and actively pursuing our vision of providing a world class beer experience.
We are seeking a proactive, reliable, and creative individual to join our Marketing team. This is a rare and exciting opportunity and would suit someone with a passion for events, community engagement, and a genuine enthusiasm to deliver a world class beer experience.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager your responsibilities will include, but not limited to...
- Assist in actively seeking opportunities to grow BentSpoke’s brand awareness in traditional and new community, partnerships, events and publicity.
- Manage and coordinate major and minor national events, including:
- Project Management
- Compliance, including Liquor Licensing etc.
- Logistics, including all requirements to deliver a professional event smoothly.
- Event branding, look and feel
- Assist with staffing and rostering, in conjunction with BrewPub managers.
- Reconciliation and post event analysis
- Manage and develop BentSpoke’s community groups and regional sponsorship agreements.
- Develop, coordinate, and activate sponsorship agreements including correspondence and coordinating.
- Be a dynamic and positive ambassador for the BentSpoke brand.
- Demonstrated commitment to upholding the BentSpoke Values.
- General attending to media requests/ queries.
- Be a dynamic marketing team member including assisting with other BentSpoke events, community and marketing duties as required.
Note: This role will entail various weekend work as well as travel for interstate events.
Skills and Experience
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent project management and organisation skills.
- Excellent customer service and event/hospitality skills.
- Passion for Craft Beer.
- Self-motivated with a positive, mature attitude, honesty, loyalty and exceptional work ethic
- Proven ability to lead and direct staff with respect and fairness.
- Hospitality management skills.
- Prior Duty Manager or Event experience (highly desirable).
- Relevant State RSA’s (required).
- Full drivers’ licences (required).
Why is this the route for you?
- An attractive salary package (commensurate with experience) will be offered to the successful candidate.
- Great team environment!
- Career development opportunities.
- Ability to work on exciting events with Australia's number 1 craft beer, Crankshaft!
If you want to take the adventurous route with us and bend a few rules, APPLY NOW!!!
Please email your resume and cover letter through to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply via the link below.