There's plenty going on in The Crafty Cabal, the beer lovers bonus scheme for supporters of The Crafty Pint, many of whom joined us and a crowd from the beer industry for our Sydney launch last night. Thanks to the Royal Albert Hotel for hosting – and deciding it was easier to make pretty much the entire bar free for guests rather than just the four beers we'd lined up! That's our first Cabal shouts done in Victoria, Queensland, South Australia and New South Wales – next up will be Western Australia when WA Beer Week rolls around.
Aside from that, there are updates from both front and back of house this time. And there's some winners to announce too, including Tim Radjenovic, who will soon be treating his friends and brewing colleagues to a first taste in Penrith of beers from new Melbourne brewery Fury & Son as the winner of August's main prize draw. And Daniel Court will soon be finding a bottle of Two Birds' beer-wine hybrid Chardonnale in his PO Box after we picked him as the winner of last month's #craftycabal photo competition.
Crafty Cabal Upgrades
We've done some housekeeping with the member's area in the past fortnight. If you've logged in, you may well have noticed but, if not, here's what's new:
- Find nearby offers – In the main offers section, there's now a "Nearby" button. Click this to see what offers are available within 10km of your location. When looking at the full list of live offers, you'll also be informed how near or far any offers within 100km are.
- Multiple redemptions – Breweries and venues can now choose to make offers redeemable daily, weekly, fortnightly, monthly and so on rather than just once or unlimited. We've not told many of them yet but, for example, you can now redeem your two-for-one schooner offer at The Scratch once a week; Brewski's offer will be the same when that comes online too.
- No more passwords – We've done away with passwords to login and have instead created a unique link for you to use to access your member's area. If you haven't downloaded the Cabal icon to your phone or desktop already, save it to your home screen next time you login.
Not as many new offers added as in the previous fortnight but the two do include one special that went live today that's only running through the weekend among them.
- Save $15 on an Oskar Blues CANimal multipack – Hops to Home has six three-beer packs that they're offering to Cabalistas at a discount rate. You can buy them through the member's are.
- Proud to be Victorian Month at APOD Liquor – As part of the store's partnership with the forthcoming Great Southern Beer & Cider Festival they're offering 20 percent off all Victorian beers and ciders through September.
There's heaps more in the pipeline, we just haven't got them signed off yet.
We launched a new giveaway this week that we've lined up with new Melbourne festival Brewers Feast. It comes to Abbotsford Convent at the end of next month and the VIP Cabal Packages include entry to the Friday night food pairing session, festival currency, a t-shirt, a hosted Meet the Brewers session with The Crafty Pint before the festival opens and more.
We're offering ten of these – worth more than $130 – to existing Cabal members and put five up for grabs for the first new signups with a VIC postcode after August 6. At time of writing, there was just one left.
Full details of the offer are here and we'll update that when the last of the five has gone.
STAY IN TOUCH
If you want to keep abreast of all things Cabal (without dipping into your member's area regularly), you can try:
- These fortnightly updates (found on Crafty Pint and the Cabal site and shared on Crafty Pint socials)
- Our monthly EDMs (sign up here)
- Looking for posts tagged #craftycabal on Twitter
- Following @craftycabal on Instagram
And, finally, the recipients of The Beer InCider Experience VIP packages will get their tickets through next week. Cheers!