In just four years, Two Birds Brewing has come a long way.
Starting out with their beers brewed under license, Jayne and Danielle have since opened their own brewery and venue in Melbourne's west and shared the Champion Large Australian Craft Brewery award at last year's inaugural Craft Beer Awards.
That brewery has recently expanded significantly, meaning they're after an experienced brewer to help them meet demand.
JOB DESCRIPTION: EXPERIENCED BREWER
Our brewery in Spotswood, Vic has undergone an expansion and we’re in search of an Experienced Brewer, to help grow our production.
The role covers all aspects of brewery operations, including brewhouse and cellar operations, CIP, packaging, lab analysis, warehousing and stock control.
Potential candidates should have:
- Minimum of one year commercial brewing experience, preferably in a similar size or larger brewery;
- Current enrolment in, or have completed the IBD Diploma, or equivalent level brewing qualification;
- A quality-focused mindset and be set on making consistent, sessionable beers, in line with the Two Bird's philosophy;
- A 'can do' attitude and effective time management skills;
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team;
- Be willing to be a part of continuous improvement of product and processes; and
- Be able to work a range of shifts, as the production schedule requires. The brewery does not operate 'shift work' per se, but it isn't always 9 to 5!
Candidates with the following certifications would be looked upon favourably:
- Current forklift licence; and
- Current Victorian Responsible Service of Alcohol certificate.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of our small, passionate team, please send your application to email@example.com.
Applications close August 9, 2015.