There's been plenty of excitement surrounding new brewery openings in Brisbane. And we imagine there will be plenty surrounding the arrival of Felons, a major new brewery and venue that will sit at the heart of a new precinct under the iconic Story Bridge.
You can read about the plans for the new operation here. Or, if you fancy joining them, they're hiring for a number of roles.
JOB DESCRIPTION: BREWERS
Set under the Story Bridge on the banks of the Brisbane River, Howard Smith Wharves precinct’s brewery, Felons Brewing Co, is opening in October 2018. Felons Brewing Co is a modern-day brewery proudly founded on the banks of the Brisbane river and we are now looking for people to join the Felonry.
Named after the Four Felons who were the first to discover the Brisbane river, we are inspired by their spirit of freedom & discovery to brew beer for everyone and anyone.
Headed up by ex-Little Creatures Brewer Tom Champion, we believe in brewing with passion and freedom. We will embrace the traditions of the past while being inspired by the present to brew balanced and natural beers of no fuss. Our brewery and venue will be a hub for the community welcoming everyone to experience the sights, smells and importantly tastes of a working brewery.
We are now looking for good people to fill the following roles:
- Operations Brewer – reference 4004
- The heart of the brewery, ensuring all the pieces come together to support beer production and delivery. Strong experience in logistics, operations and warehousing is key for this role.
- Lead Brewer – reference 4005
- An experienced senior brewer to work hands on alongside our Head Brewer, leading the team in the day to day brewing and packing of our beer.
- Brewer – reference 4006
- The hands of our operation, we are looking for brewers with experience in brewing beer on a commercial scale.
It is not often that breweries in an iconic location like this come to life, and the opportunity to be a part of developing one from the beginning is something not to be missed.
If you are interested in becoming a part of the Felonry and to find out more about the roles, head to the Careers page on the Howard Smith Wharves website.
Applications should be sent to Madolyn Koziel, HR Officer, via email: email@example.com. Please reference the role you're applying for.
Closing date for applications is July 6, 2018.