Two Bays specialise in brewing gluten-free craft beer and they do it well too, having secured a trophy at The Indies earlier in the year.
If you're eager to join the industry and learn on the job, they're hiring a trainee brewer.
JOB DESCRIPTION: TRAINEE BREWER
WHO ARE WE?
We are Two Bays Brewing Co - the largest and fastest growing independent gluten-free brewery in Australia – and we are looking to expand our brewing team.
As a result of continued growth, we have a new opportunity for someone who is interested in pursuing a brewing career to join Kristian (Head Brewer) and the team and help continue our ongoing success and journey towards being one of Australia’s best craft breweries.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for someone who is interested in becoming a brewer, enjoys a challenge and is intrigued by how you can make taste and smell so good!
We have 5 core range beers and will continue our ongoing specialty release program for our thirsty gluten free customers around the country. Demand for our new brand, GFB, continues to grow and is bringing new customers every day.
At the recent Indies beer awards, our Session Ale won the trophy for the Best Speciality Beer which we are incredibly proud of, and shows how our brew crew are continuing to lift the quality of gluten free beers to levels that have never been achieved before.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
The successful applicant will report to the Head Brewer, and assist across all brewery operations:
- Learn all aspects of brewing, including wort production
- Learn cellaring duties and tasks
- Assist on our packing line (Codi canning line)
- Cleaning and maintenance
- Scheduling, stock management and logistics
- Develop quality control and sensory skills
- General warehouse and stock management duties
The successful applicant may also have the opportunity to attend trade shows and/or events which will require some weekend work (Time off in lieu is offered for any work on a weekend).
MINIMUM SKILLS REQUIRED
- A passion for beer and a desire to make good beer available to everyone!
- TAFE or University training preferable
- Practical with a hands-on “can do” attitude
- Commitment to best practice brewery cleaning, sanitation, and quality control standards.
- Organised and responsible, able to multi-task, prioritise and self-manage • Attention to detail
- Driver’s license and RSA
- A forklift license (or willing to get one)
- A positive attitude and strong work ethic
As we are only small, we need team members who are just keen to get things done and, most importantly, to just jump in to help out wherever it's needed!
Attitude and attention to detail are what we value most – the rest is fun!
Oh, and did we mention we are based on the beautiful Mornington Peninsula – home to fresh air, beautiful beaches, lots of other breweries and distilleries… and wineries?
Two Bays has won numerous business and brewing awards (which we are very proud of), and we try very hard to build a really strong and positive work environment – where everyone is willing to help other teammates if needed.
Above award pay will be agreed!
If you’re interested, please send your covering letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.