Prickly Moses are an independent Victorian brewery with a long history and plenty of plans for the future.
If you'd like to lead all things beer for them, they want to hear from you.
Job Description: Head Brewer
Prickly Moses Brewing Co is a proudly independent craft beverage business, located in the heart of the Otway Ranges in Regional Victoria. Our brands include Prickly Moses Handcrafted Beers, Forbidden Fruit Cider, Queenscliff Distillery Gins and Apollo Bay Distillery Gins including the Nitro Vodka.
Showcasing our products we have cellar door locations in Barongarook, Queenscliff & Apollo Bay and are well established in the Geelong & Otway regions.
We believe that leaving a sustainable, responsible footprint on our environment is as essential to what we do as providing you with beverages you can enjoy in any situation.
About the Role
We are seeking a Head Brewer to lead our team and lift us to the next level. You will work closely with our Business & Production Manager to create, maintain and update the brewing schedule. Along with developing new and innovating seasonal brews, to add to our current core range.
The main responsibilities are:
- Creating and maintain a production plan for the entire range (including season releases)
- Recipe development and production
- Quality Control
- Management of Brewing Team
- Purchasing & Stock Control
- Financial Reporting
- Day to Day operation of Brewery Equipment
The successful candidate will show innovation, passion and be comfortable in your decision making and problem-solving skills. Ideally you will hold a current IBD qualification, with a minimum 3 years in a similar role.
The role will require the following skills:
- People Management, including rostering and supervising staff
- Initiative, being able to think on your feet and problem solve
- Time Management, being able to work and maintain a production schedule at a high quality
- Understanding of Finances, being able to follow a budget and report back to the management team
- Computer skills, understanding a use of Microsoft programs, along with other computer programs the company may use (training will be provided)
- Quality Control, ensuring the product that leaves the facility is at the highest quality expected
- Health & Safety, ensuring the workplace is safe for all staff
- Manual Labour, this is a manual job that will require heavy lifting
If you think this role is for you, please email email@example.com.