Cape Byron Distillery have long been known for their range of Brookie's Gin and just recently they released their first whisky.
If you'd like to the B Corp business as a production brewer, they want to hear from you.
Job Description: Production Distiller
Cape Byron Distillery is on the hunt for a Production Distiller to join our team in crafting our award-winning spirits. This role is perfect for someone with previous experience in the industry that is seeking to make a difference and be an important member of a small team.
Cape Byron Distillery (Producers of the award-winning Brookie’s Gin & Cape Byron Single Malt Whisky) is a leading Australian independent and family-owned distillery and one of only two spirit distilleries in Australia to achieve B Corp certification, highlighting our team’s commitment to conducting the highest standard of production and corporate social responsibility. Sustainability and having a positive impact on our environment and community is in our DNA and has always been the fundamental building block for our distillery.
We are a family-owned & operated distillery ingrained in our local community and have a positive impact on our environment.
The Production Distiller position plays an integral role within the company by crafting our range that showcases our region and its native botanicals. This role is perfect for someone with previous experience in the distilling, brewing or wine industry that is seeking to make a difference and be an important member of a small team.
Our successful applicant will share our values, our passions, and love our spirits. You will be a driven and committed professional with beverage manufacturing experience, with a strong working knowledge of fermentation, maturation, blending and/or distilling best practices.
We have a passion for excellence, sustainability, and giving back to our community
Your Key Responsibilities will Include:
- Fermentation, distillation, blending and creation of numerous spirit styles, including whisky, gin, and liqueurs.
- Batch management, pressing and filtering
- Cask filling, warehousing and disgorging
- Maintaining records of production activities
- Contribution to the continual improvement of processes and products
- Maintenance of a safe work environment by adhering to OH&S procedures
The following attributes are desirable:
- Relevant training (IBD or equivalent)
- Formal qualifications in distilling, brewing or winemaking
- Familiar with quality management, food safety
- Forklift license
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Drive to improve skills and knowledge continually
- Attention to detail
- A respectful, positive, team-focused attitude
- Good olfactory sensory analysis skills
- Availability to work various shifts, including weekends, nights and public holidays
If you have a passion for the industry, a love of quality spirits and the experience and skills required, we want to hear from you!
The email will be firstname.lastname@example.org.