BentSpoke are one of the country's best-known independent breweries.
If you'd like to join them in the nation's capital, they're searching for a people and culture manager to fill a parental leave contract.
Job Description: People and Culture Manager (13 Month Parental Leave Contract)
Nothing worthwhile comes easily. Taking the familiar road can rob life of its flavour. So at BentSpoke, we take a more adventurous route, knowing all too well that we will bend a few spokes along the way.
BentSpoke Brewing Co. is a Canberra-based Independent brewery that puts ‘bending the rules of beer’ at the heart of our brand. We turn the best ingredients into high quality, intriguing and approachable beers to be enjoyed all around Australia. After 8 years of sustainable growth, we remain fiercely independent, immersed in our local communities, and actively pursuing our vision of providing a world class beer experience.
The Role of People and Culture Manager
We are seeking a proactive, strategic, and enthusiastic People and Culture Manager to join the BentSpoke team on a 13-month parental leave contract.
Reporting to the CEO, the People and Culture Manager will work closely with the executive group, managers and employees across the various departments of BentSpoke to provide operational and strategic human resource coaching, support and culture development. BentSpoke has nearly 100 employees across 4 states and territories.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- End to end management of the recruitment process, including advertising, interviewing, offers and contracting.
- Management of the BentSpoke onboarding and offboarding procedures.
- Providing employee relations support to employees and line managers regarding and HR and/or IR related queries.
- Comprehensive management of award compliance and Fair Work legislation.
- Continue to maintain a workplace culture that reflects the BentSpoke values and drives employee engagement.
- Managing the employee lifecycle and maintaining effective strategies to enhance the employee experience. Including performance management, rewards and benefits and other employee requirements.
- Work collaboratively with the BentSpoke management team on coaching, development and effectively implement new programs to mitigate risk.
- Oversight of employee WHS requirements and the return-to-work process as required.
- Advise employees on company HR policies, processes, and procedures.
- Maintain strong and effective partnerships with the BentSpoke Executive and Management teams by working collaboratively to achieve strategic people goals and provide effective advice and coaching where relevant.
What will YOU bring to the role?
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Human Resource Management.
- 3-5 years experience within a People & Culture or HR Generalist role.
- Excellent interpersonal, influential and communication skills with the ability to develop strong working relationships.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills, including the ability to prepare reports, develop/review policies and present to a group.
- Professional membership to AHRI or other professional institute.
- Knowledge of relevant Awards and legislation.
Why is this the route for you?
- Working for one of Australia's leading independent brewers
- An attractive salary (commensurate with experience)
- Team building and company events
- Positive work culture and supportive environment
If you want to take the adventurous route and bend a few rules, APPLY NOW!!!
Please email your resume and cover letter through to email@example.com or apply via SEEK.