Whitelakes have been steadily building an audience in WA with finessed lagers and tight pales brewed on a highly-specced and recently-expanded brewery.
Now they're expanding their team too, with an opening for a production brewer.
(You can read more about their 2022 in The Best Of Beer 2022: WA feature we ran late last year.)
JOB DESCRIPTION: PRODUCTION BREWER
Exciting things are happening here at Whitelakes. Within the walls of our state-of-the-art brewery in Baldivis, WA, our dynamic team have been busy keeping up with Christmas production and what do you know – we’re starting to tackle our 2023 problems early.
We’re a proudly independent brewer, trusted for our taste and driven by evolution in our quest to craft familiar favourites, underpinned by quality.
Whether you have a spirit for adventure, or just on a mission for well-made, done right: at Whitelakes we live to make, and make to last.
Continued growth of our keg and package range has created an exciting opportunity for a new Brewer to join our small but dynamic team, reporting to the Head Brewer, Sean Symons.
The Brewers at Whitelakes have influence over the entire process, from raw materials to finished product. The brewery has a unique environmental footprint and design allowing brewers to facilitate a number of processes in a given day, from raw materials handling, brewing, fermentation, filtration, kegging and packaging to operating our state of the art wastewater treatment plant.
Critical to this role will be ensuring a culture of safety and quality through strict adherence to brewing processes and procedures and safety and quality standards.
You will contribute to the development of production plans, undertake raw material/brewing stocktake, and be involved in day to day process improvement opportunities.
The successful candidate will also demonstrate capability in consumer and customer engagement, leading brewery tours, supporting beer dinners or mixing it with our trade partners discussing all things beer.
Previous experience in brewing and packaging will be well regarded, and your salary will be commensurate with the experience that you bring. Organisational and planning ability, problem solving and multitasking with a can-do approach will need to be demonstrated.
Qualifications in brewing will be an advantage but not a prerequisite, previous production experience will be required to hit the ground running. Passion for and understanding of the brewing industry is a must.
Our brewers are all-rounders, so if you can tick all of the below, we’d like to hear from you:
- A passion for beer and an understanding of the brewing & packaging processes
- Previous experience in a brewing role
- Practical with a hands-on “can do” attitude
- Physical capability to manage 25kg malt bags and 60kg kegs with the appropriate manual handling devices
- Experience with production planning, monitoring and forecasting inventory levels
- Fanatical about cleaning, sanitation and quality control
- Ability to perform basic maintenance on equipment
- Highly organised, diligent and responsible, able to multitask, prioritise and self-manage
- The ability to talk about beer and be knowledgeable when training staff and customers
- Good customer service & communication skills
- Strong understanding of OH&S in a brewery environment
- Computer literacy
- Driver’s license, RSA
- A positive attitude and strong work ethic, a team player, willing to roll your sleeves up and deliver results.
- The right to work in Australia is essential.
This role will actively undertake brewing activities during your day and may involve working a staggered shift (mornings/afternoons) from time to time should production volume demand it.
Please note that we are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies.
Send applications to email@example.com. NB Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Want to know more about Whitelakes Brewing? Check them out at whitelakesbrewing.co or on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @whitelakesbrewing