Capital Brewing continue to grow fast and as a result, the Canberra brewers are hiring a production brewer.
Job Description: Production Brewer
Capital Brewing Co is one of Australia’s fastest-growing craft breweries and has been making award-winning Good Natured Brews from our Canberra brewery and taproom since mid-2017. We are dedicated to making good beer, being good to nature and good for our community. We have recently achieved B Corp Certification, one of only 3 breweries in Australia to hold the certification, and we’re proudly carbon neutral. We all love what we do, work hard, and have a great deal of fun doing it.
Due to an internal promotion, we’re stoked to be looking for an experienced Brewer to join our epic team.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Responsible for the production of wort, cellaring, quality control, cleaning, and general brewery duties.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures consistent and repeatable wort production to specifications including gravity, pH, colour, and clarity. Keep accurate brewhouse and cellar records and descriptive notes
- Effective operation of all brewery equipment including mill, brewhouse, fermentation vessels, pumps, CIPs, centrifuge and bright beer tanks.
- Responsible for monitoring and managing quality control in partnership with the Quality Assurance Technician
- Conducts lab Assessments of product and raw materials as required in partnership with the Quality Assurance Technician
- Operates and monitors machinery and equipment, reporting any defects promptly to the Maintenance team
- Conducts basic maintenance on machinery and equipment following safe operating practices
- Carries out special projects as required, for example developing structured L&D material on production processes
- Supports on-the-job training of junior/trainee brewers
- Performs some lifting tasks moving raw and finished products around the work site
- Ensures the work environment is kept hygienic and clean at all times
- Occasionally Assists with keg wash and fill, canning line pack off, and operation
- Engages in continual improvement program, developing and implementing process and system improvements to optimise safety, efficiency and profitability
- Engages in formal and informal training to further develop skills and knowledge base
- Follows all safe operating procedures and chemical handling controls and wears PPE in accordance with site requirements at all times, reports hazards, incidents, and near misses as soon as reasonably practical
- Actively contributes to Production Department meetings
YOU WILL BRING:
- A relevant qualification in an associated discipline and applied knowledge and understanding of brewing practices
- A dedicated focus to safety and maintaining a safe work environment
- An uncompromising passion for quality
- A shared vision of sustainability throughout all production processes
- A passion for innovation and a commitment to staying informed of the latest brewing trends
- A detail-oriented approach
- A positive approach to change
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Close of application date is February 10, 2023.