Philter Brewing's home in Marrickville features an impressive production brewery and it's won them plenty of awards over the years.
If you'd like to join the brew crew, they're searching for an experienced brewer.
Job Description: EXPERIENCED BREWER
This is a great opportunity to join a fast-growing company with the chance to develop your career!
Based in Marrickville, Philter Brewing runs a state of the art, fully automated 25hL Premier Stainless Systems’ brewhouse and has recently got a new fleet of FV’s added… We’re creating the good stuff on our own turf and we need an Experienced Brewer to join the team.
The successful applicant will have at least 2-4 years' of commercial brewing experience. In addition to working as part of a skilled and dedicated team, you will have a passion and pride in making beer of the highest quality.
This is a full-time permanent position that will involve shift work including after hours, weekend work, flexibility to work Monday - Friday or Tuesday - Saturday and public holidays on some occasions. It includes a competitive salary and benefits package, suited to their current skills and experience.
This person will report into the Senior Brewer on the floor and has the opportunity to learn from a highly educated Head Brewer who learned his craft in Germany. The role demands a key team player with the task of ensuring the smooth operation of the brewing facility and being responsible for delivering to the deadlines and requirements of the production schedule. We need our beer produced to-spec, on-time and in-full.
Key responsibilities include:
- The delivery of the day-to-day operation of a Production Schedule, as outlined by the Head Brewer
- Strive to relentlessly deliver high-quality beer on time
- Ensure all product is tested in line with our Quality Control program
- Support maintenance of Brewery equipment
- Diligence in abiding by quality standards and recipe requirements
- Accurately entering all required data into brewery management software
- Driving continual improvement, development and implementation of standards and processes
- Ensuring that all safety measures and procedures as defined by Philter are met and respected
- Represent the brewery and engage directly with our customers and communities in the venue and in trade, at festivals and the wider brewing community.
- Executing individual accountabilities given by Head Brewer
Essential Duties and Requirements:
- Performing brewing, cellaring, packaging and quality control operations
- In-depth knowledge of the brewing process and a good understanding of packaging operations
- Maintaining a clean and safe work environment for efficient operation
- Ability to operate to a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving ability
- Operating and optimising packaging equipment to the highest of work standards
- Be physically fit (willing and able to perform Labour intensive work)
- Actively participating in Continuous Improvement activities across safety, quality and efficiency within the brewery environment
- Forklift usage to load/unload raw materials and finished product
Our successful candidate will demonstrate the following
- Excellent workplace behaviour including strong teamwork, integrity and consistency
- Thrive on best manufacturing practices
- The ability to work safely and have the physical capacity to perform the manual tasks associated with the position
- A highly motivated attitude and the ability to work unsupervised, as well as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexibility with changing shifts to meet tight deadlines
- Meticulously clean
- Follow instructions precisely
- An ability and willingness to learn new skills and a desire to mentor and coach other team members
- Experience and knowledge of IT systems such as computerised/automation control panels.
Education and Skills
- IBD diploma or equivalent brewing qualification (TAFE) is advantageous to your application
- Forklift License essential ( opportunity to get the licence within the company)
- Valid Driver’s license
- The right to work in Australia
Are you the one we are looking for?
Awesome! Please send over a Cover Letter detailing prior relevant experience and a current resumé by February 17, 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Salary will be based on experience and qualifications. We are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies.