Shapeshifter Brewing have quickly built a reputation for the modern, fun and tasty beers they brew in Adelaide.
If you'd like to help brew that beer, they want to hear from you.
Job Description: Brewer
About The Business
Shapeshifter Brewing Co have been brewing since 2018 and opened the doors to their own brewery and taproom in the western suburbs of Adelaide in late 2021. We are Australian-owned and independent.
Our focus is on fresh, modern beer brewed in small batches so you can enjoy it at its best!
We have established ourselves as a small but mighty achiever, with several medals at the AIBAs, The Crafty Pint awards, collaborations with some of Australia’s best breweries and a network of friends throughout the brewing industry. We are an Untappd top 20 rated brewery nationally and top rated in the state of SA.
We continually strive to make fun, exciting and delicious beer whilst providing excellent customer service and hospitality at our venue.
If this sounds like the place for you, read on!
About The Role
We are seeking a passionate, knowledgeable and self-driven brewer to join our team!
Duties will include, but will not be limited to:
• Wort production
• Ferment monitoring and management
• Beer packaging and quality control
• Clean and maintain equipment and production space
• Follow production and maintenance schedules
• Inventory management
• Clearly and effectively communicate and contribute to a respectful, fun and productive team environment
• Working collaboratively to ensure all product meets Shapeshifter’s high standards
Benefits & perks:
• A company culture that is fun, positive and supports work life balance
• Opportunities to represent the company at festivals and industry events
• Work with a collaborative, passionate and supportive team
• Opportunities for growth and further career development and training
• Above award pay
Skills & experience:
• Minimum 2 years experience brewing in a commercial brewery
• Knowledge of beer styles and associated brewing techniques
• Self driven with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude
• Able to work autonomously
• Work in a close knit collaborative team environment, taking direction where required
• Attention to detail and dedication to quality, documentation and record keeping
• Follow OH&S procedures to work safely in a sometimes dangerous environment
• Physically able to safely move 25kg bags of grain and 60kg kegs with manual handling equipment
• The ability to talk about beer and be knowledgeable when training staff and customers
• Passionate about things beer, brewing and the craft beer industry!
Desired, but not required:
• Tertiary education in brewing (TAFE Cert III or similar)
• Knowledge of canning line operations and associated quality control, laboratory measurements and record keeping
• Own transportation
• Knowledge of modern brewing techniques, styles and trends throughout the industry
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com.