Modus Operandi were born on Sydney's Northern Beaches and today they have a second, substantial home in Newcastle.
If you'd like to join the in Sydney, they're searching for a sales manager.
Job Description: Sales Manager - Sydney area
Modus is an award winning, family-owned beverage & hospitality business. Originating in Mona Vale, Sydney 2014 and now expanding to our new state-of-the-art Headquarter Brewery/Venue in Merewether, Newcastle. We live by the simple M.O: Beer first. No shortcuts. We take this approach all the way through to the sales and marketing of our Modus, Cerveza and Nort Beers.
We are expanding quickly and have an opportunity to join our growing NSW sales team as a Sales Manager in Sydney. It will suit an outgoing and dedicated salesperson to build relationships and unlock distribution opportunities whilst spreading the good word on all things Modus and Nort in
both on and off-premise venues.
Specifically, you will:
- Establishing and maturing new sales contacts within the set territory and area of responsibility
- Servicing existing customers on and off-premise with the highest level of professionalism and ethics whilst still maximising all possible sales and margin opportunities
- Developing an exceptionally high level of product and industry knowledge to ensure the highest level of service is provided to all customers
- Achieving and/or exceeding sales budgets and KPI’s as set by the National Sales Manager including sales and distribution, executing brand plans, and maximising promotions. Execute plans within Independent Retailers, On-Premise Partners and National Chain Customers
- Ensuring that all Modus products are located in key selling positions within each retail outlet or on-premise venue.
- Help raise brand awareness by conducting multiple tastings per month and other promotional activities such attending festivals and events.
Being an innovative and growing business, all of our team have a hands-on, can-do attitude.
- Previous experience: in FMCG, Liquor or Commercial Hospitality is preferred however we’d consider someone with a business degree who could demonstrate energy and the desire to learn quickly
- A people person: We are looking for someone who thrives on building relationships and possess strong written and verbal communication skills. Your ability to communicate, influence and negotiate will be key to success in this role.
- The ability to work autonomously: As a road warrior for Modus you will need to think on your feet independently, troubleshoot creatively and organise and manage your time effectively.
- Ambition: We are looking for someone with strong personal ambition and the drive to win, to ensure that we achieve our big goals for this territory.
- Organisation skills: Strong planning and organisational capabilities are essential.
- An Australian Drivers Licence.
What’s on offer:
- Competitive Salary and Short-Term Bonus
- Grow with us – we are looking for individuals who would be keen to expand their responsibilities in time
- Positive and supportive team environment
- On-going training and professional development
- Monthly product and In Venue Allowances
- All the ‘tools of the trade’ in a Sales Manager role