Slipstream Brewing have substantially expanded their capacity over the last year, meaning they better keep up with demand for core range and limited release beers.
If you'd like to help lead brewing for the Queensland outfit, they want to hear from you.
JOB DESCRIPTION: LEAD BREWER
Slipstream Brewing a small team of passionate people, producing some of the most accessible and sessionable craft beers in Australia. Our beers are brewed with nothing but pure flavour in mind, with our popular, award-winning core range line-up as well as a regular limited release program and exclusive small batch program for our venue.
We have an opening in our team for a Lead Brewer to help us continue to deliver quality beers to our community.
If you have a minimum 2+ years of professional brewing experience and the desire to be part of a growing business, then Slipstream Brewing may be the next step in your brewing career.
The successful candidate will work under the guidance of our Head Brewer and work closely with the rest of the Slipstream team. Flexibility is key for this position, as in addition to leading the brewing team on a daily basis, the person may be required to work a variety of functions including cellaring, packaging, representing the brewery at events, assisting in product development and other tasks.
We are looking for a highly motivated team player who has great attention to detail, shows initiative, has strong communication skills, a creative side and of course, an immense passion for craft beer.
- Minimum two years experience in a technical brewing position
- Ability to be creative & develop new and innovative recipes
- Leadership skills with the ability to train and coach staff
- Have a complete understanding of the brewing & packaging processes
- Practical with a hands-on “can do” attitude
- Proficient in Microsoft office, in particular with Excel
- Highly organised & diligent with the ability to multi-task, prioritise and self-manage
- Have a positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Strong communication skills
- Strong understanding of OH&S in a brewery environment
- Forkilft Licence & Drivers Licence
- Formal brewing qualifications
- Queensland RSA
This is a full-time position that is available immediately. Remuneration will be commensurate with experience.
To apply, please send us your CV along with a cover letter.