Urban Alley are looking to take on a venue manager, with the opportunity for the successful candidate to receive an equity share in the business.
The Docklands-based operation has major expansion plans that will see them open two more brewpubs this year, with plans for more to follow in subsequent years.
JOB DESCRIPTION: VENUE MANAGER + Equity Share
Urban Alley Brewery
$90k - $100k
- Opportunity to have an Equity Share in the business
- Quality Brewery & Hospitality Operators with a rapid Brew Pub expansion plan
- Come and join a team that nurtures talent and offers performance based career progression. Role will fill quickly!
A fantastic opportunity exists for the right candidate to not only manage a brew pub but to have an EQUITY SHARE in the business.
The successful candidate will be a hands on front of house-focused leader who motivates and inspires their team through their own personal customer focused approach. This position will suit a “Publican” like character who is quick to build relationships with local patrons and key stake holders to create regular customers.
Whilst a large focus of this role is about driving revenue the operator will still be expected to have strong administration skills and be able to make commercial decisions on effective spending, marketing, compliance, safety and wage controls.
Being a lead from the front-focused position it is a mandatory requirement of this position that the successful applicant works peak periods.
The successful applicant will undergo extensive training at our existing venue in company policy and procedure to be sure you come out on top!
We are Urban Alley Brewery! A fully Independent Craft Brewery (with multiple awards for our beers), a wholesale business in rapid growth and a 690 capacity Brew Pub attached with two more sites scheduled for 2022 and more to be rolled out over the next few years.
The Venue Manager Role
Responsibilities will include:
- Comprehensive management of the Food & Beverage side of the property
- Running of the venue to companies SOP’s
- Financial management, Maintenance costs etc.
- Rostering and management of wages
- Learning all of our beers inside and out
- Employee management and Succession planning for FOH team
- Adhering to and implementation of company training programs
- Recruitment and induction
- Stock control and management of cocktail & wine lists
- Maintenance & OH&S
- Shift management & customer service levels
You must have the following attributes:
- Have a genuine passion for beer, food and the hospitality industry and are committed to customer service
- Project a friendly, enthusiastic and positive can do attitude towards guests and staff alike
- Hands on Team Leader and motivator, ability to set goals and determination for the team to achieve tasks
- Ability to teach the ins & outs of beer to all team members
- Have strong administration skills
- Attention to detail across all facets of the business with pride in presentation both in service and in grooming
- Priority to development and training of staff
- Results driven and takes ownership of the role
- Minimum 4 years' similar experience in the management of a service-driven food and beverage business
- Strong food and beverage knowledge
- Career minded with exceptional leadership skill
- Hands on and the ability to work flexible hours
- Great Culture
- Access to brewers
- State of the art facilities
- Room for progression
- Competitive salary
This is a fantastic career development opportunity with the opportunity to grow within our expanding business.
Please send your resume to email@example.com.