Mismatch are an award-winning brewery in the Adelaide Hills that joined the Mighty Craft family of beer and spirit businesses earlier in the year.
If you'd like to lead all things beer for them, they're hiring a head brewer.
Job Description: Head Brewer
Mismatch Brewing was founded in 2013 with the ambition of growing a recognisable national brand of exceptional beers. We’re well on our way to reaching this ambition with our spacious production brewery and being a part of the Mighty Craft family, who are committed to deliver on this dream.
Our fundamental ethos is that “We care!”. This is not so much a spoken statement as it is a way of being. We Care about Quality, Balance and Value. The Mismatch brewing team are driven to deliver exceptionally high-quality products, where our aim is to always be better than yesterday.
Mismatch Brewing Co. has the rare and extremely exciting role of Head Brewer to lead all things Mismatch Brewing Co. Production.
The Head Brewer is directly responsible for the daily support of the brewing team, including brewhouse, cellar and packaging. This role requires strong communication skills and a strong teamwork-based approach to our daily operations.
The Head Brewer reports to and is supported directly by the Mismatch Brewing General Manager.
The following is a list of responsibilities and this will undoubtedly evolve over time:
- Execute yearly strategic plan set out by the General Manager
- Direct interaction with the brewery staff to oversee the full brewing process
- Approve and oversee rostering and production schedule
- Ensure production meets sales demand requirements
- Manage human relationships, including hiring and performance management
- Lead brewing team and accountability
- Lead continual process improvement
- Create and support SOP development
- Lead safety committee, WHS management of brewery, which include and not limited to near miss and prevention reporting and injury reporting
- Ensure thorough training of all brewers as per our SOP Matrix
- Support further growth of the brewing teams to develop skills in an ongoing manner
- Act as “next level” trainer by deepening the team’s understanding of process and best practice so they continue to develop as brewers and problem solvers
- Act as primary point of contact for contract clients, which include recipe optimisation, reporting and invoicing
- Ensure completeness of all documentation by the brewing team
- Problem solving and decision-making support with the brewing team
- Ensure preventative maintenance of brewing equipment
- Act as primary contact for production raw materials and dry goods with our suppliers
- You are representing Mismatch both internally and externally, so you must always represent the company in a positive and energetic manner.
- Host brewery related events as required
The Head Brewer role must have a minimum of five years’ experience in a fast-paced production brewery environment. A bachelor’s degree in the sciences, engineering and/or related brewing education is beneficial. Diverse experience and strong aptitude with automated equipment is also highly regarded.
- Quick learner of brewing software, MS software and general computer aptitude
- Clear and concise communicator
- Problem solver
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Time management skills
- Ability to prioritise
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to stand for an extended period as required.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a medical test. It is a requirement to be fit and able to fulfil your role, i.e. lift 25kgs repeatably if required to mill. We strongly encourage anyone joining the Mismatch team to get vaccinated to keep the workplace safe.
We are looking for an energetic candidate with a positive attitude. You should model teamwork, collaboration, communication, honesty and community above all. You must believe that your team’s successes are your own achievements so that we all succeed together.
Please send you CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mighty Craft is one of Australia’s leading and fastest growing premium craft drinks companies, listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). It has a portfolio of distinguished craft beverage brands. https://www.mightycraft.com.au/