Alchemy Brewing are based in Melbourne's inner north suburb of Brunswick and only opened a short time before the city first shutdown due to COVID.
The brewpub is now open and ready to welcome people back, including in an impressive new beer garden, and to help them, they're looking to hire both a bar manager and casual bar staff. Head here to find out about the bar manager role and to find out about what they're looking for in bar staff, keep reading.
JOB DESCRIPTION: BAR STAFF
Alchemy Brewing Co are looking for Bar Staff for their venue on Lygon St, East Brunswick. We have had an amazing response since reopening the doors Wednesday, October 28 and with our huge brand-new beer garden area we are set to come back with a vengeance.
We are currently on the hunt for craft beer lovers with proven hospitality record to join our team and assist in the running of the bar. A knowledge & passion for craft beer & hospitality, as well as knowledge of the Melbourne/Australia craft brewing industry is essential. Ideal candidates should also be efficient multitaskers and good communicators, with a positive can-do attitude and a fun & enthusiastic demeanour.
Ideally, we are looking for staff that want to help us grow our business & also grow along with the business. There will be plenty of opportunities to move up to more senior and managerial positions as the business grows.
As part of this role your responsibilities will be to:
- Contribute to the efficient running of the venue.
- Provide customer service experience from the bar and floor.
- Help maintain a clean and safe working environment for both our guests and team.
And exhibit the following attributes:
- A keen interest & knowledge of craft beer
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A positive, friendly and fun manner
- A natural ability to engage with our local community & regular guests
To fulfil the role, the successful candidate will also have:
- Responsible service of alcohol certificate
- The right to work in Australia
- Minimum of 1 year of bar and/or hospitality experience in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal communication
- Flexibility in availability to work within the venue’s operation hours, including weekends and late nights.
All interested applicants should email their CV along with a cover letter, and the answers to the following questions to firstname.lastname@example.org, responses with no cover letter or answers will go straight in the bin.
- What is currently your favourite Melbourne Brewery & why?
- What is the best Australian beer you have tasted in the last 3 months / or something that you can’t wait to try if you haven’t had the chance yet!