If you want to sell Black Hops beers across the Queensland capital, they're hiring.
Job Description: Brisbane Based Retail Sales Rep
Every Army Needs a Lot of Guns, is this You? We’re Recruiting a Gun Brisbane Based Retail Sales Rep
Started by three mates and becoming one of Australia’s fastest growing and highest rated beer brands
At Black Hops, we seriously love good beer! We love making it, we love packaging it, and we especially love drinking it. But most of all, we love that it brings together a community of beer-loving friends and we get to share our learnings along the way.
Black Hops Brewing started as 3 mates making beer and sharing everything they learned along the way. What started out as an idea over a beer at the pub back in 2014, has become one of Australia’s fastest growing and highest rated breweries.
We have the best team in the industry, all of us have a great work ethic and are passionate about craft beer and the Black Hops brand. Read on to find out what we’re looking for in our Retail Sales Rep.
Where are we headed?
We distribute beer to well over 1,500 venues across the country and are not slowing down. We are very fortunate to be in a thriving industry, which is one of the perks of joining our team.
The craft beer industry is a fun one to work in, with regular events and incredible benefits. Plus the industry is booming in Australia!
Our biggest category in our own backyard
We are looking for a gun Brisbane based Retail Sales Rep, someone who chases targets and smashes them out of the park. The territory this position covers is from Brisbane to the Sunshine Coast and everywhere in between. You will be selling beer for one of Australia’s fastest growing craft beer brands in our own backyard in the hot category of retail bottle shop sales. There is huge potential for professional growth in this role as our sales team is small but growing quickly.
The right person for this role is incredibly self motivated, exceptionally organised and have second-to-none communication and negotiation skills. Dependability is an attribute we expect, we need to know we are hiring someone who our customers and company can depend upon. A passion for the craft beer industry is a must and the desire to learn more about the industry and our brand is essential.
What will you get up to in this exciting role?
You will inherit a variety of responsibilities as a Black Hops Retail Sales Rep, and we are looking for someone who can handle several things at once with flair. Here are some of the tasks expected of you:
- Manage a customer base that you are responsible for developing and growing
- Recommend and run events in your territory
- Management of sales data through Pipedrive CRM including entering venue data on each visit, maintaining contact information, logging activities and processing sales orders
- Work with the marketing and production teams on coordinating beer launches
- Service existing accounts, organise daily work schedule to call on existing sales outlets
- Proactively pursue new business leads and call on potential sales outlets
- Work with marketing on sales activations and branding materials to increase brand awareness and in-store pull through
- Meet and exceed weekly KPI’s, including but not limited to revenue, activities, new business activations
- Presenting personal progress and achievements at monthly sales meetings
- Passing on product and branding feedback from the field, recommending changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments
- Working on in store activations
- Resolving customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by staying up to date with the industry
- Helping spread the word of Black Hops and our Taproom by encouraging visits and sales trips to the Taproom
The skills and experience you bring to the table will be your best asset. What we are looking for is a sales gun, someone who goes above and beyond for their customers and territory. Here are some of the particulars we are looking for:
- Proven industry sales rep experience a strong advantage
- Excellent communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Understanding retail liquor and the Hospitality Industry and how venues operate is essential
- Over-achieving expectations
- Familiarity with different sales techniques and pipeline management
- Self motivated and driven
- Well presented
- Proficient in computer and iPad use
Award and Classification
Commercial Sales Award 2010, Commercial Traveller
If you want to join the Black Hops team, shoot through your resume and cover letter telling us why this is the right role for you. Applications can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.