Bad Shepherd's Cheltenham home is a buzzing venue that's the perfect space in which to explore the brewery's beers.
Those beers are found across Victoria too and to help sell more of them they're hiring a new brand ambassador.
Job Description: Brand Ambassador
Bad Shepherd are looking to hire a new look after our customers and get our beer into new spots.
We're looking for someone to deliver brand development and foster customer relationships in Melbourne and country Victoria through wholesale of Bad Shepherd beer range and representation in festivals/events/tastings/etc.
Wholesale market development & strategy
- Achieve target volume and revenue
- Prioritize sale of products in line with Bad Shepherd’s sales strategy and objectives (seasonal beers, limited editions, excess stock and so on)
- Develop and foster customer relationships through visits, follow up calls, emails, product/merch giveaways, etc
- Research sources for developing prospective customers and to determine their potential
- Analyse the territory/market potential and determine existing/prospective customer value
- Plan and organize personal sales strategy by maximizing the return on time investment for the territory/segment
- Supply management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
Operations & Logistics Management
- Consult on monthly forecast and production plan with brewery operations to enable smooth delivery of product to meet sales demand.
- Regular communications with Accounts team to ensure timely and smooth delivery of product to customers
- Develop thorough working knowledge of Salesforce and clear understanding of customer service process from order management through to product delivery including use of Salesforce, Unleashed, Xero and third party logistics supplier software
- Coordinate sales effort with Marketing, Accounts and Operations teams
- Establish, develop and maintain business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory/market segment to generate new business and maintain business relationships.
- Demonstrate products and services to existing/potential customers and assist them in selecting those best suited to their needs.
- Maintain detailed records on all lead generations and customer activity through Salesforce
- Effectively manage and expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints.
- Create and manage a customer value plan for existing customers highlighting profile, share and value opportunities.
- Clear and thorough understanding of Bad Shepherd beer portfolio including recipe, key product statistics (ABV, IBU, etc)
- Keeps abreast of market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends including new launches, brewery and venue development and emerging beer trends.
- Demonstrate living Bad Shepherd’s values consistently while representing the Company
- Role model exemplary behaviour as a team leader
- Develop Bad Shepherd brand through multiple channels including festivals, events, tastings.
- Participate in trade shows and conventions
Requirements / Personal Attributes
- 12 months wholesale sales experience (liquor industry preferred)
- Passion for craft beer and local community
- Current RSA
- Experience with Salesforce customer relationship management software preferred
- Experience with Unleashed inventory software preferred
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good memory
- Able to work quickly and efficiently
- Good personal presentation
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and customer oriented
- Organized and hard working
- Problem solver
- Courteous and polite
- Basic math skills including clear understanding of pricing and margins
- Able to work under pressure
- Sociable and likes working with people
To apply, please email Dereck at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is December 20, 2019.