If it only seemed like last year that Carwyn Cellars turned two, it's because it was. How, then, can it be that they're turning ten?
Well, before it was a bottleshop and bar, Carwyn was simply a bottleshop. And it is that original component – once at a different location on the high street – that will be celebrating a decade of dispensing good booze with a party dispensing good booze.
They’ve lined up ten rather tasty beverages unique to them in that they’ve been responsible for either creating, mixing or ageing them:
- Sangria – made with Roots Winemaking Project Nero D’avola.
- Last Word Brewing Hop Burst Lager/XPA
- 40Ft Brewing ‘Gran Humo Negro Porter + Amrut ‘Carwyn Cellars Cask’ Whisky boilermaker
- New World Distillery ‘Carwyn Cellars Exclusive Cask’ Manhattan
- Glenrothes ‘Carwyn Cellars Cask’ whisky highball
- Four Pillars Distillery negroni barrel house-aged gin, on ice.
- Melbourne Moonshine Company house-aged overproof shine, served neat
- ‘Moon-Fashioned’ house barrel aged Melbourne Moonshine/ Archie Rose Distilling Co. white rye cocktail
- Carwyn Cellars batch tap Negroni
- Boatrocker sour ale – blended by staff, exclusive to Carwyn
To make sure you've got a good base to build from, they’ll be slinging smoked brisket rolls all day, rom midday.