Ale Stars at The Taphouse is one of Sydney's longest-running beer appreciation nights and sees the Darlinghurst crew invite a different brewer through their doors every month.
For January, the guests of honour are New Zealand legends Garage Project.
Pete Gillespie (founder) and Dave Bell (head brewer - Wild Workshop) are coming to The Taphouse for a night of drinking, feasting and talking all things wild, mixed and spontaneous fermentation. Garage Project's special operation Wild Workshop is based in a custom built facility that's all about exploring native NZ yeast and wild cultures and their effect on beer.
Dave and Pete have dug some rare beers out of the Wild Workshop cellar for this event, and the Taphouse crew are pairing them with charcuterie, cheese and matched canapés.
Tickets cost $45pp, which includes food, beers and A-grade banter.
- Bliss Lager (can on arrival)
- Shinrin Yoku - Barrel Aged Blended Cherry Blossom Sour with Ume & Sencha Green Tea (NSW Launch)
- The Great Deluge - Sour Porter (NSW Launch)
- Garage Project/Firestone Walker Savoir Faire Sauv Blanc - 51% wort co-fermented with 49% sauvignon blanc grapes
- Garage Project/Firestone Walker Savoir Faire Pinot Noir - 51% wort co-fermented with 49% pinot noir grapes