There won't be many breweries in Australia that can boast the location and lifestyle of the newly opened Hemingway's. It's set on the Reef Marina in Port Douglas and is seeking to expand its kitchen team by taking on a talented pizza chef.
JOB DESCRIPTION: PIZZA CHEF
Hemingway’s Brewery is a new microbrewery, bar and restaurant situated in the stunning Reef Marina of Port Douglas. We make great beer and are passionate about locally grown and produced food.
- The right to work in Australia
- A Certificate III in Commercial Cookery (or equivalent to)
- Previous experience (minimum of three years) in a similar role (essential)
- Experience in Pizza section (essential)
- Able to work well in a team and autonomously (essential)
- A calm and friendly demeanor
- Available to work a variety of shifts, including days, nights, weekends and Public Holidays
- Passionate about Health and Safety and high level of cleanliness/hygiene
- Proven experience in working well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Able to offer exceptional and consistent menu items
- Assist with the control of food costs and the minimisation of wastage.
- Effective communication skills; both verbal and written
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Willingness to use own initiative and exceptional attention to detail
- Be willing to commit to a minimum of six months.
In return Hemingway’s Brewery will provide a fantastic working environment in a brand new kitchen with talented people, opportunities for career development, and above award wages.
NO sponsorship is available for this position.
If you feel this position is for you, please attach a detailed cover letter outlining how you meet the selection criteria and a resume with your application to email@example.com.
Only candidates meeting the above criteria will be contacted.
Applications close July 30, 2016.