The rise of craft spirits is one that shares many parallels with that of beer. And the pioneer in the world of Australian distilleries is Tasmania's Lark. The business now produces both whisky and gin and is looking to take on two trainee distillers.
JOB DESCRIPTION: TRAINEE DISTILLER
Lark Distillery was the first Single Malt Whisky Distillery in Australia and as a pioneer of the industry we are a leader in our field. We have grown to produce three prominent brands Lark Whisky, Overeem Whisky and Forty Spotted Gin.
We are looking for two people to join our team as Trainee Distillers and learn the science, art and passion that goes into crafting our spirits. Whilst a passion for whisky and craft spirits would be useful, it is not essential, we can teach you that. What we are looking for are driven, passionate people who enjoy a challenge.
The personal attributes we are looking for includes the following:
- Decision making and problem solving skills
- Ability to establish and maintain strong networks
- Have a good palate
- Enjoy working as part of a team yet be able to work autonomously
Experience in the following would be considered favourably:
- Knowledge of distillery processes, operations and equipment
- Relevant industry knowledge and experience
- Experience working with alcohol
- Competence in IT
- Current forklift license or motivation to obtain one
To be successful in this position you must address the Selection Criteria:
- Why would you like to be a part of the Tasmanian Whisky Industry?
- Tell us about an experience where you resolved an issue – how did you manage the process and what was the outcome?
- Outline your maths subjects or equivalent
Please include your resume and a cover letter specifically addressing the selection criteria. It should be no more than two pages. Please note you must be prepared to work over a seven day roster.
All information should be emailed to email@example.com
Applications close July 21, 2016.