Stone & Wood Brewing is looking for a quality control expert. The role involves leading the quality team, training staff, working alongside the head brewer and running the brewery's sensory program.
If you've got more than 10 years in a production brewery and are a great people leader, read on.
JOB DESCRIPTION: TECHNICAL & QUALITY LEADER
Born & raised in Byron Bay, Stone & Wood takes a fresh approach to brewing beer in the Northern Rivers of NSW, one of the greatest places on Earth.
A regional brewery and an iconic brand, Stone & Wood is renowned in Australia and increasingly overseas for making handcrafted Aussie brews that make the most of the ingredients that are available today. Beers that are simply good to drink. With an obsession for quality there is a focus from grain to glass to ensure that our beer is served to the drinker in the condition that the brewer intended.
If you always set the bar high, know what world’s best practice in Quality Control looks like, meet the following criteria and like the idea of living in one of the most beautiful parts of the world, then we want to talk to you.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Leading the Quality Team – consisting of Company Microbiologist, Laboratory Technicians, Sensory Coordinator and Draft Beer Quality Specialist
- Coach and develop the Production Teams in Quality Improvement
- Work alongside the Head Brewer to ensure that all Quality KPIs are achieved
- Continue the development of Stone & Wood’s Trade Quality Control
- Oversee the Stone & Wood sensory Program
- Take the Quality Ethos all the way to the hand of the consumer – not just beer release
- Instrumental for scheduling trials for NPD & EPD on our Pilot Brewery
This will be a full-time role based at our Murwillumbah Brewery with time also spent at our Byron Bay Brewery.
Ideally, you will also tick the following boxes:
- B.Sc. in Brewing or equivalent
- Minimum of 10 years experience in a Production Brewery
- Have a deep understanding of Beer Specifications & analyses
- New Product Development experience
- Great people leader
Sound like you?
Jump on our new website to see what makes us tick.
Write a brief cover letter telling us why you want to work with us, and how you could contribute to our business.
Email your resume and cover letter to - email@example.com.