It’s certainly all hands on deck at Modus Operandi these days.
The Mona Vale brewery has a new look, a bulging trophy cabinet, more tanks and a canning line on the way. They’re making a lot of beer to keep drinkers happy and, as such, they need another brewer to help them do it.
If you've got the skills and can successfully navigate the gruelling character test, you might just be in with a shout...
Brewer – Modus Operandi
Modus Operandi is a family owned, up-and-coming brewery and hospitality operation located on Sydney’s Northern Beaches. We’re a work hard, play hard community of people who have a passion bordering on obsession for brewing and drinking craft beer! We pride ourselves on our handcrafted, award-winning beer and brew a plethora of styles to accommodate our ever expanding thirst for unique and interesting styles.
We are looking for a top individual to join our close-knit team as a Brewer. The role requires a hard working, highly motivated, energetic and creative individual who is ready to take on some key roles at our recently expanded brewing brewery and soon to arrive canning facility in Mona Vale, NSW.
Being a small and rapidly growing business, we want somebody who demonstrates a passion for brewing great craft beers, someone who shares our “beer first, no shortcuts” mentality. On top of passion for brewing top-notch beers consistently, the successful candidate will have the experience and ability to work both in wort / beer production and packaging and will be flexible in their work hours in order to meet production requirements.
Your demonstrated ability and experience will include:
DAILY BREWING OPERATIONS
- Brewing, cellaring and packaging operations
- Quality control, maintenance, inventory and shipping and receiving tasks
- Creative problem solving skills
- Flexibility in working schedule to help meet our ever changing demand and expanding facility
- Recipe development
- Training and development of new guys and gals
- Cleaning: An unhealthy addiction to cleanliness
- Did we mention cleaning?
- Supporting Modus Operandi at public events
- Open mindedness and active contribution in all facets/departments of Modus Operandi. We are stoked about beer and sharing it with the world, you should be too!
- Formal brewing qualification will probably give you a leg up
- Previous work experience in a brewery and/or winery is a must
- Forklift certification wouldn’t hurt
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Free beer
- Opportunity to learn further from leading brewers, trained and qualified from leading breweries in the US Craft Beer industry.
Our M.O. here is “Beer First, No Shortcuts” and we are only seeking an individual who can work by that same motto. We are addicted to progression and are hell bent on making the best beer in the world! The Northern Beaches offers a unique coastal lifestyle. Pair that with working in Modus Operandi’s brewery and life can’t get much better.
A salary based on qualifications and experienced will be negotiated with the right candidate.
If you are interested in being part of the Modus Operandi legacy we look forward to speaking with you. Please fill out the below questionnaire, include a CV and letter(s) of recommendation, and send to email@example.com.
Applications close January 31, 2016.
- If you were a dog, what language would you bark, and why?
- If you were to book a band to tour Australia and party with, who would it be?
- Why do women find Dennis De Boer so irresistible?
- Who was the second shooter on the grassy knoll?
- What is your favourite beer and why?
- Tom has $50. Tom lends Jane 40 of those dollars on an 18% per annum interest rate, compounded daily. Why did Jane borrow the money and what kind of car does she drive?
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
- What is a Chichurra?