Melbourne's La Sirene has won the hearts of many drinkers since launching in 2012.
The brewery's mix of French and Belgian inspired ales are among the best beers brewed in Australia and now they're looking to take on an experienced brewer.
JOB DESCRIPTION: EXPERIENCED BREWER
A Melbourne-based artisan brewery is seeking a full time Experienced Brewer. We are looking for someone who has a real passion for artisan beer and a desired three years’ experience in craft brewing.
They will assist in the production of existing recipes and help to refine / develop the production process and meet brewing schedule expectations for an established modern day Farmhouse inspired brewery.
You will be working with a new brewery in inner city Melbourne and will need to be able to work autonomously whilst upholding the strict quality control expectations and ensure quality production techniques are maintained along with repeatability and consistency in our process.
The successful applicant will have strong experience in brewing science & brewing operations. A tertiary brewing qualification or a food science background is necessary along with experience and first hand brewing know-how in a commercial brewery.
The following attributes are required for this role:
- A passion for brewing interesting seasonal brews
- OH&S knowledge & current forklift license
- A focus on quality and consistency
- Strong learning and problem solving ability
- Have excellent hygiene practices & cleanliness in the brewery
- Understanding of key quality parameters required to produce high quality beer.
- Ability to work quickly and effectively whilst maintaining extremely high standards.
- Capable of conducting quality checks & records.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent work ethic and capable of performing physically demanding tasks.
- Capable of performing all administrative tasks relevant to the beer brewing, including raw material ordering, alcohol excise reports and packaging.
- Technical Knowledge in all applicable aspects of the brewing process.
- Brewhouse: Everything from raw material handling through to fermentation and conditioning, including dry hopping, carbonating and sanitation practices
- Yeast understanding – handling/storage & maintenance
- Strong mechanical understanding and background
The brewery operates seven days a week and therefore weekend work will be required.
This role is only for applicants currently working in the brewing industry.
Please forward your applications to email@example.com.
All inquiries will be held in strict confidence.
Applications close on February 8, 2016.