Forrest Brewery in the Otway Ranges combines brewery with a 100-plus seat restaurant.
The family-run business is looking for an experienced sous chef to join their kitchen team.
JOB DESCRIPTION: SOUS CHEF
Forrest Brewing Co. is a busy, vibrant, family run microbrewery with a 100+ seat restaurant. We serve a modern menu, influenced and matched with beer flavours. Forrest is a beautiful village in the hinterland above the Great Ocean Road. Forrest is a mecca for Mountain Biking and the great outdoors, located 30 mins from the coast you can have the best of both - Career & Lifestyle.
We have a full-time role for a motivated and experienced chef to join our busy kitchen team.
Working alongside the Head Chef, the role will include:
- breakfast, lunch and dinner services
- maintaining a high standard of food presentation
- food preparation
- maintaining and ordering stock and supplies
- working as a team member or / or independently
- maintaining a clean kitchen and OH&S standards
- contribute to daily specials and seasonal menu design
- actively communicate
- work in a fast paced (or slow paced) environment
- embrace regional living
- be a motivated, reliable, team player
- 4 years' senior kitchen experience
- Trade qualifications
- Demonstrated stability and length of tenure in previous positions
7-day rotating roster, ability to work weekends, evenings and holidays is essential.
Possible rental accommodation options available.
Regional sponsorship a possibility for the perfect candidate
Forrest is located 2 hours from Melbourne, 1 hour from Geelong and 30 mins from the Great Ocean Road. Reliable transport is recommended.
Email a summary of your experience to email@example.com
Please indicate if you hold a current working visa.