At Smiling Samoyed's SA brewery, they like to serve food to their customers that's paired perfectly with their award-winning beers. They host regular beer dinners too.
If you'd like to be the chef designing the dishes to go with their beers, then they want to hear from you.
JOB DESCRIPTION: HEAD CHEF
You will be responsible for developing the menu including for themed nights, functions and special events as well as running the kitchen day-to-day. You will ensure exceptional quality food is delivered to our customers as well as ensuring proper food handling and safety procedures are followed at all times.
- preparing, cooking and delivering great quality food to our customers.
- ordering supplies.
- menu development
- team training and development.
- function menu planning (up to 180 people)
- run your own kitchen providing happy customers with great food to match the award winning beers in a casual dining atmosphere.
- jump into the leader's seat of an awesome and enthusiastic team.
- exciting bonus structure.
- potential to grow the role and further your skills.
- full time work until at least the end of January with the guarantee of at least 22 hours per week thereafter.
- core hours are currently lunch Friday – Sunday. We will be open 7 days a week in January. Expansion of the business is likely to provide flexibility with either increased hours or alternate days/times in the future.
- work in a unique location with gorgeous views of the Myponga reservoir and Hoppy the brewery dog and kangaroos to greet you every day.
Smiling Samoyed Brewery is an award winning microbrewery situated in the stunning landscape of Myponga.
The brewery commenced operation in in 2013 and is owned and run by husband and wife team Simon Dunstone and Kate Henning. They understand what it is like to be passionate about their work – they started the brewery when a home brewing hobby got out of control. The brewery is named after their three Samoyed dogs Cooper, Mia and Hoppy.
Smiling Samoyed Brewery is proudly an Eat Local venue. We pride ourselves on great beer which we match with locally sourced food.
A major renovation of the brewery bar is almost complete and includes a new kitchen and additional seating capacity (increasing from 100 patrons currently).
You will bring:
- a minimum 2 years' experience in a commercial kitchen.
- knowledge of or willingness to quickly learn about beer, beer production, beer and food matching and cooking with beer.
- experience in wood oven pizza cooking.
- passion for local produce.
- ability to work in a fast paced environment on your own and with others.
- skills to develop and encourage our junior staff.
Sound like you? The position is available immediately for the right applicant. Don't delay.
Apply now with resume and cover letter addressing how you meet the above requirements in person Friday to Sunday at the brewery bar (ask for Caitlyn) or via email email@example.com or by calling Caitlyn Dunstone on 0402 781 006.