Fancy stepping into some big shoes? The head brewer position at Freo's The Monk has become available after the current brewer decided to head east having just secured the Champion Small Brewery title at the Craft Beer Awards.
They've produced a long line of fine brewers at the brewpub so will you be the latest?
JOB DESCRIPTION: HEAD BREWER
Monk Craft Brewery Kitchen – Established 2006 – Is recruiting for Creative Head Brewer for its Brewhouse based in the heart of west coast port town of Fremantle, Western Australia. The ethos revolves around four basic words: Honest, Simple, Crafted and Cultured. We pride ourselves on utilisation of best produce to create the best product.
Brewing on a 600HL DME brew kit, currently with a 7 unitank fermentation capacity. We're looking for somebody with bags of enthusiasm and initiative tempered with a healthy dose of experience and knowledge to help us move to the next level. Calm under pressure, you'll be responsible for the quality and consistency of every drop that leaves the brewery. You’ll have the opportunity to use your creative flair to design and create the seasonal and specialty brews for which Monk has become well known. Also maintain and improve the award winning core range beers.
The thing is, we want passion! We want someone to be able to consider the Brewhouse as an experimental educational production facility! What else can it do? How far can you push it? What direction do you want it to go in?
You’ll report to the Operations Manager and work closely with the Head Chef with beer pairing and brewing ingredients, and the duty managers to drive the beer education process, bridging the knowledge gap between FOH and the brewery.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the efficient running of brewery operations on a day-to-day basis
- Consistently brew the finest quality beers, guaranteeing uninterrupted availability of our permanent core range
- Work closely with Operations Manager to create beers for our seasonal range and specialty ales
- Report to and advise the directors on all aspects of the brewery's operations
- Assist in the recruitment, training, development and support of all brewery/FOH staff
- Work closely with senior management team to provide accurate forecasting of all brewery costs
- Ensure the brewery is compliant with all OHS requirements
- Liaise closely with the Operations Manager to deliver excellent stock management
- Take responsibility for any third party supplier work
- Work closely with colleagues to negotiate the best possible raw ingredients pricing
- To consistently reinforce quality across all brewing processes and product lines
- Give brewing and product training to all FOH staff
- PASSION for Craft Beer!
- At least five years brewing experience
- Hunger for new product development and a creative flair
- In depth knowledge of quality control processes
- Superbly organised, with a methodical, consistent approach
- Excellent communicator
- Strong team leader
- Nationally or internationally recognised brewing qualification
- At least 2 years’ experience as a Head Brewer
Please send resumes ATTN Matt to email@example.com.