POSITION NOW FILLED
Dainton Family Brewery produces some of the most creative and colourfully presented beers in Australia.
They are just about the open their own 30 hectolitre brewery and would like a head brewer to help run the joint in both a physical and metaphysical sense.
JOB DESCRIPTION: HEAD BREWER
Dainton Family Brewery is looking for a full time Head Brewer type of person/machine/cyborg. The role is due to start early 2016 and will see the successful applicant oversee the initial setup of the factory of doom (our brewery).
We are a relatively new craft beer operation that is just over two years old. We have won numerous medals at the AIBA and CBIA awards and we are always striving to make the best and sexiest beer we can. Our vision is a grand one and reinvestment into our business and family members (staff) is paramount to our ethos. Most of our beers are slightly off-skew ales with a definite sessionabilty to them. That being said we brew a number of barrel aged brews and crazy hopped up IPAs that are just as much our passion.
Our new system is a 30HL, 3-vessel, steam powered monster! We have room to expand the already large capacity and at current, have only provisioned for kegs. The new brewer will play a large part in deciding on what packaging system we will invest in. Also barrels, lots of them there will be...
The brewery location also has a rather large bar that will be open to the public Thursday-Sunday for limited hours. We are super excited to get this all up and humming!
Check us out on social media if you want more clues as to what we are about….
I’d say something like “we are looking for a passionate and dedicated professional brewer who loves beer and the mixology of the art/science and can bore most normal people to tears with random beer facts”, but I take it for granted that you will be that person anyway…
Apply for this role if you want to be a part of an enthusiastic and engaging operation that loves bringing great craft beer to the people. Love of cricket, Star Wars, He-Man and opera are all a bonus.
Role and Criteria below:
- Can do attitude
- Be anal about everything
- Excellent standards of hygiene and cleaning
- Order and maintain ingredients, chemicals, packaging
- Proven technical prowess
- Brew and package beer
- Develop new recipes and improve the classics (core range)
- Ability to problem solve, work alone in the dark and do hard sums
- Be organised and organise us
- Keep the brewery running in a physical and metaphysical capacity
- Sweet communication and people skills
- Strong leadership skills, preferably using the dark side of the force to show power
- Ability to work independently (i.e. Mustafa) and with a team (Rebel Alliance)
- Want to make the best dang beer that you can
- Be strong and uber fit
- Defeat Donkey Kong
- Be logistically superior
- Technical skills are a must-if you can weld and fix broke stuff that is very appealing
- Flexibility around shifts, with a requirement for occasional weekend work/shift
- Must have minimum 5+ years commercial brewing experience with applicable references
- Current forklift licence (desirable)
- Ideally have an education in brewing
Brewery and bar is located at 560 Frankston-Dandenong Rd, Carrum Downs (That’s about 40 mins from the Melbourne CBD.
Renumeration to be negotiated via air hockey tournament.
CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close December 10, 2015.