Victoria's longest-running microbrewery, Grand Ridge, celebrated 25 years of brewing in Gippsland last year.
Now, with new beers and a new look imminent, they are looking for an experienced brewer to join the team.
JOB DESCRIPTION: BREWER / PRODUCTION MANAGER
Grand Ridge Brewery is looking for an experienced brewer to join our Gippsland based team.
We’re very excited to offer this great opportunity to work within a small, Australian family-owned and operated business.
Main duties will include production planning and management, brewing, packaging, staff supervision, order management, filtration and planning and scheduling of all aspects of Brewhouse production.
While we have a strong core range of beers we also love a good limited release!
You will have the opportunity to design and create different one off brews on a regular basis.
We are looking for someone who has a passion for craft beer and is comfortable explaining the ins and outs of beer and the brewing process to others.
As the brewery is open to the public with regular brewery tours held we require someone who has great people skills and can work as an educator as well as a brewer.
To be considered for this position you must have:
- Positive attitude
- Great attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Excellent standards of brewery hygiene and cleaning
- Ability to problem solve and work innovatively to deadlines
- Excellent personal organisation and time management skills
- Strong communication and people skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a fast moving team
- Personal desire to produce products of high standard and quality
- Be physically fit, willing and able to perform labour intensive work
- Strong to advanced computer skills would be highly advantageous
- Strong skills in supplier liaison and stock control
- Flexibility around shifts, with a requirement for occasional weekend work
- Must have minimum 2+ years commercial brewing experience with applicable references
- Current forklift licence (desirable)
- Brewing related education is essential
The successful applicant will be required to commence work as soon as possible.
This is a permanent, full-time role, typically Monday to Friday with occasional requirements for weekend work.
Salary will be negotiated with the successful applicant, based on previous experience, qualifications and skill set.
Please send your application to j.
Please include with your application:
- Cover letter detailing prior relevant experience
- Current resume
- Your favourite style of beer and why including examples of 2 Australian craft beers you think are excelling in that category
Applications close November 25, 2015