Philter Brewing have been growing fast since their own brewery in Marrickville opened.
If you'd like to help them grow, they're hiring an experienced brewery.
Job Description: Experienced Brewer
Philter Brewing is growing fast and we need another legend to join us in Marrickville! We’re creating the good stuff on our own turf and we’re looking for another Experienced Brewer to come on board.
The successful applicant will have at least 3-5 years' experience of commercial brewing experience. In addition to working as part of a skilled and dedicated team, you will have a passion and pride in making beer of the highest quality. The right candidate will be offered a full-time role, including a competitive salary and benefits package, suited to their current skills and experience.
This person will report into the Head Brewer and will form a key team player with the task of ensuring the smooth operation of the brewing facility and be responsible for delivering to the deadlines and requirements of the daily production schedule. We need our beer produced to-spec, on-time and in-full.
This is a full-time permanent position that will involve shift work including after hours, weekend work and public holidays on some occasions.
Key responsibilities include:
- Be hands-on in the day to day brewing and operations of the brewery
- Strive to relentlessly deliver high-quality beer on time
- Thrive on best manufacturing practices
- Ensure all product is tested in line with our Quality Control program
- Support maintenance of Brewery equipment
- Work closely with the senior team to execute our innovation plan
- Represent the brewery and engage directly with our customers and communities in the venue and in trade, at festivals and the wider brewing community.
Essential Duties and Requirements
- Performing brewing, cellaring, packaging and quality control operations
- In-depth knowledge of the brewing process and a good understanding of packaging operations
- Maintaining a clean and safe work environment for efficient operation
- Ability to operate to a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving ability
- Operating and optimising packaging equipment to the highest of work standards
- Be Physically Fit (willing and able to perform Labour intensive work)
- Actively participating in Continuous Improvement activities across safety, quality and efficiency within the brewery environment
- Forklift usage to load/unload raw materials and finished product
Our successful candidate will demonstrate the following
- Excellent workplace behaviours including strong teamwork, integrity and consistency
- The ability to work safely and have the physical capacity to perform the manual tasks associated with the position
- A highly motivated attitude and the ability to work unsupervised, as well as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexibility with changing shifts to meet tight deadlines
- Meticulously clean
- Follow instructions precisely
- An ability and willingness to learn new skills and a desire to mentor and coach other team members
- Experience and knowledge of IT systems such as computerised control panels.
Education and Skills
- IBD diploma or equivalent brewing qualification favoured but not essential
- Forklift License essential
The right to work in Australia essential
Please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com.