The Nest is Two Birds' home in Melbourne's western suburbs and the taproom has become a community hub for Spotswood locals.
If you'd like to get pizza into the hands of beer fans, they're hiring.
Job Description: Kitchen Supervisor/Cook
If you love Pizza and Beer (and really…who doesn’t?!) this is the role for you.
The Nest is the affectionately named home of Australia’s first female-owned brewing company Two Birds Brewing that serves up the freshest of brews and is soon to be dishing out the most amazing pizzas for our visitors and local community. We are located an easy 5 min walk from Spotswood Train Station and with opening hours from Thursday – Sunday, you can sink your teeth into your love of cooking while giving some work-life balance to enjoy your other passions for the rest of the week.
Working closely with our Venue Manager, you will ensure all runs smoothly during service as well as manage everything needed to keep our kitchen humming so our drinkers have a great experience in our venue. This includes:
- Working closely with our pizza partner in the management of our menu and food offering
- Managing stock, ordering & costing
- Ensuring all food safety and kitchen safety requirements are in place and upheld
- Keeping hygiene and cleaning processes front and centre
- Planning and ensuring great food service for functions or special bookings
- Daily operation and management of the kitchen, including 1 team member
The craft brewing industry is a fun and supportive culture to be part of, we work hard and love what we do! We are keen to hear from experienced cooks who care about creating delicious pizzas, are good communicators, understand how to lead a kitchen in partnership with a venue manager and are keen to be part of our tight-knit team as we continue to grow and evolve our home at The Nest.
This role is offered on a casual basis. Apply online with your CV and a cover letter by emailing email@example.com with ‘Kitchen Supervisor’ in your subject line.