Hawkers Beer is a newly launched venture between the Middle East's first ever craft brewer, Mazen Hajjar from 961 Beer, and respected Melbourne chef Joseph Abboud (Rumi, Moor's Head).
They launched their first beer on February 19 and on February 21 it won People's Choice at the Great Australian Beer Festival in Geelong.
You can read all about the brewery here. Or, if you have experience working in a brewery, check out the job ad below for a chance to work for this ambitious brewery.
JOB DESCRIPTION: EXPERIENCED BREWING STAFF
Hawkers Beer, Australia's newest brewery, is looking for experienced brewing staff to help at our brand new facility in Reservoir, Melbourne. At Hawkers we're interested in brewing and packing consistently excellent beer in our state-of-the-art plant.
Right now we're looking for an all-rounder whose main day-to-day tasks will be in the cellar and packaging, but will also include regular brewing shifts operating our semi-automated brewhouse. The exact nature of the work will depend on the candidate's interests and level of experience, but will include:
- CIPing tanks
- fermentation management
- yeast handling
- running packaging shifts on our 18 valve filler or keg washer/filler
- and lots and lots of cleaning.
Our ideal candidate must:
- Have practical brewing experience or a brewing qualification
- Have cellar experience in CIPing fermenters and bright tanks, transfers, yeast handling and enumeration and filtration (namely horizontal leaf filters)
- Have solid technical brewing knowledge covering raw materials, wort production, packaging plant operation, fermentation and yeast, QC and labwork and troubleshooting
- Be resourceful and resilient, able to address mechanical and process problems independently and quickly, and assist in the development of SOPs
- Be flexible and able to work around changing production schedules - this will likely mean shift work, including potential night shifts.
Remuneration will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
Please send applications and CVs directly to email@example.com.
Applications close Sunday 1st of March.