Prancing Pony's home in the Adelaide Hills features a state-of-the-art 30 HL Braukon which they use to craft their colourful lineup of beers.
If you'd like to join the production crew and make that beer, they want to hear from you.
Job Description: Brewer
This is a full-time brewer position for a competent brewer with at least two years industry experience in a small to mid-sized brewery. This is a fully hands-on role involving all the task associated with making beer, from cleaning to making wort from start to finish, yeast pitching, dry hopping, and daily measurements and recording, and, of course, putting the grist bins out for collection.
You will be part of a small team and as such, your occasional help in the packaging area may be required from time to time. This is an opportunity ideally suited to someone who’s ‘learned the tools’ of the trade, already left a mark, and is ready for their next professional development.
You will be brewing on a state-of-the-art 30 HL semi-automatic Braukon 3-vessel brew house and you will report directly to the head brewer. Training will be provided within the scope expected of someone with two years hands-on experience (e.g. operation of our equipment, systems we use to capture data, the ‘Pony way’ etc.).
- Work to all SOPs and safety requirements at all times.
- Cleaning and keeping clean of all equipment (brew house, tanks, grist mill, etc.) and all associated work areas including floor space.
- Regular minor maintenance and upkeep of equipment.
- Total wort production from weighing and milling out grist, mashing, lautering, boiling, whirlpooling, transfer to fermenter and yeast pitching.
- Daily monitoring of fermentation process, including daily data recording, dry hopping, and final transfer to bright tank.
- Tank cleaning in time for next brew.
- Weekly full CIP of brew house and full floor clean up.
- Filling out brew and process sheets for each brew on a daily basis. Absolute accurate and timely record keeping.
- Occasionally help in the packaging area.
- Minimum two years’ experience brewing beer in a commercial operation.
- Formal brewing education or relevant certifications preferred.
- Spreadsheet literate.
- Attention to detail and record keeping.
- Attention to strictly following recipe and brew process protocols.
- Second to a love for craft beer, a love for keeping the workplace clean and tidy.
- A focus on getting the job finished on time.
- Ability to work under pressure if the situation arises (it can happen as you know)
- Ability to keep several tasks going in-parallel (typical brewery environment, you had to expect this).
- Forklift licence.
- Happy to brew in front of an adoring crowd (our brewhouse is integral part of our tap room and punters will sometimes ask you a question).
- Listening to blues or similar all day (yes, we got the speakers on).
- Enjoy representing the brand including face to face contact with punters at beer festivals we participate in if required.
- Team player.
- Be part of a great team and great brand.
- Recognition of your work.
- Room to grow professionally and personally.
- Attractive salary.
- Generous Take home beer allowance.
- Reduced rates on all Hospitality Venue Spend.
- Opportunities for advancement and encouragement to further your career.
- Subsidies on further studies (e.g., when an on-line course has been passed).
- Enjoy a free beer with your work mates at the end of your shift.
- Free work boots and cloth allocation (e.g., company tee shirts, hoodies, hats).
Please send a Cover Letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close on July 3, 2023.
Our ideal candidate is a person who takes ownership, has excellent communication skills, a good sense of humour, empathy for others and is a team player.