3 Ravens are Melbourne's oldest indie brewery and they're currently hard at work expanding their brewery and revamping their bar.
If you're a hospo gun who'd like to lead that side of the business, they're eager to hear from you.
Job description: Hospitality Manager
Come join the 3 Ravens Brewery Team! The Oldest Independent Brewery in Melbourne. Keeping Beer Weird Since 2003.
With the goal of becoming one of Australia's greenest and most sustainable breweries, we’re only weeks away from completing our state-of-the-art brewery upgrade. With our operations expanding, we’re now looking to grow the hospitality side of the business. That’s where you come in!
Established in 2003, 3 Ravens are pioneers of Australian craft beer and contribute to a world-class hospitality scene by providing unique and innovative beers that celebrate local. We strive to support local business and culture, to reduce our impact on the environment, and to promote a positive drinking culture.
We have an intimate bar at our brewery where we showcase an ever-evolving range of beers including our caw range, seasonal releases and other concoctions. The emphasis is on great beer, local spirits and wine, beer inspired cocktails, delicious snacks and most importantly, a great vibe. The next steps are to renovate and expand the space, build an outdoor beer garden and introduce a new and exciting food offer. We’re also in the process of taking on another site around the corner that we’re looking to turn into a barrel room and function/event space. We’re looking for someone who would like to put their stamp on these projects.
We are an independent brewery that has won numerous awards over the years, including Champion Small Australian Brewery at the Australian International Beer Awards and the Perth Royal Beer Show, Champion Australian Independent Brewery Small/Medium at the Indies and Champion Beer in Show for our New World IPA at PRBS in 2019.
We're incredibly innovative, passionate about the beers we create and the fantastic industry we are a part of. Sound like you?
We're looking for an experienced hospitality gun. Someone who is creative, commercially minded and has a genuine passion for the industry. Our ideal candidate will bring initiative, energy and enthusiasm, a positive and fun attitude and the motivation and experience to grow our hospitality operation.
Someone that can manage and develop our brewery bar (including our upcoming renovation plans), manage the opening and ongoing operation of a new barrel room and function/event space, grow the e-commerce side of the business and drive external events.
This is a diverse and challenging role where you’ll get the opportunity to utilise your experience, industry knowledge and personal flair to take our hospitality operation to the next level.
We are looking for a go-getter that is ready to progress their career and grow with us.
The roles key responsibilities are:
- Generate revenue growth and profitability across the hospitality, events and online departments and harness new opportunities
- Ensure the highest level of hospitality and engagement is provided to customers at all times
- To drive and manage internal and external events, functions, tour/tastings and masterclasses and always ensure an exceptional customer experience
- To manage and drive e-commerce and subscription sales
- Oversee the introduction and ongoing management of a permanent food offer at our current Thornbury site
- Oversee the development and ongoing operation of the new function and event site
- Work with marketing and digital to ensure all hospitality, event and online activities are successfully promoted
- Rostering, recruiting, training and mentoring staff
- Striving to achieve and exceed budgets and KPIs
- Generating weekly and monthly reports and analysing performance
- Highly passionate about hospitality
- Have strong business and financial management skills
- Ambitious, creative, full of initiative and goal driven
- Have a strong understanding of the food and beverage industry and latest trends
- A natural at building rapport with people
- Have experience in function and event management
- Able to multitask, prioritise and manage time effectively
- Able and willing to work hands on, independently and within a team environment
- Have excellent back of house skills
- An advocate for efficiency and improving processes
- Minimum of 5 years hospitality management experience
- A valid RSA and Food Safety Supervisor certificate
- Ability to work weekends and nights
We offer a fantastic team and culture, competitive salary, training and development, flexible work arrangements and loads of great beer.
If you believe this is you and you are genuinely interested in our brand then we would love to talk to you.
Apply by sending through your resume and cover letter through this link. Expressions of interest close 26/2/23.
Please do not call our office. Successful applicants will be contacted for phone screening. Only applicants with a cover letter will be considered.
It’s a truly exciting time to be joining our team. Apply now!