Hard Road is a family-run brewpub located in Melbourne's south-east that's been wholeheartedly embraced by locals.
They're currently looking for a venue manager to run all aspects of the venue.
Job Description: Venue Manager
Hard Road Brew Pub is a 20 tap 100pax venue dripping with untapped potential nested in the SE suburbs. We opened in November 2019, made it through the lockdowns, restrictions and general commercial mayhem thrown at us over the past couple of years and are ready to kick this place in the guts! We are a family-owned and operated venue with a “Cheers” like atmosphere right down to Cliff on one side and Woody on the other! We absolutely love our patrons and we believe the right Venue Manger will too!
We’re looking for a super motivated, energetic, and engaged Venue Manager who is ready to grab hold and, take us to the next level.
Maybe you’ve been an assistant manager for too long or a current Venue Manager that has been reined in. Well, I can assure you that won’t be happening here. There is quite a bit of low hanging fruit that needs to be addressed and capitalized on in the short term with almost unlimited potential for the venue in the near future.
We are looking for applicants that can start today and hit the ground running. The right Manager will have full responsibility over the venue, its day-to-day operations and the team. Your previous experience, hands-on approach and love for all things beer will put you in the driver's seat.
The venue hours of operation are four days a week Thursday – Sunday with the potential for opening up on Wednesday as well.
Venue Manager roles and responsibilities (not exhaustive):
- Face of the venue
- Management of venue; including (but not limited to) cost control, labour management, P&Ls, marketing insights, KPIs and financial targets (bonus driven)
- Creative license to drive a young venue into legendary status
- Patron interactions, management and customer experience
- Hands on and operational role working with our team of staff to develop, train and upskill
- Ensuring Venue compliance with all relevant legislative parties
- Venue phone interactions between the hours of 11am and 8pm Mon-Sun
- Bar staff management and training
- Marketing of Venue with assistance from the Social Media Manager
- Management of bookings
- Liaise with Social Media Management as necessary
- All Points of Sales management
- Cleaning as necessary
- Opening and closing duties
- Maintaining a current RSA
- Attending Craft beer events as requested
Skills and experience:
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
- Pragmatic problem-solving skills
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Genuine desire to build strong connections with our current and future patrons
- At least 2 years of previous venue and people management experience (including assistant)
- Friendly, positive and approachable attitude
- Valid Vic. or national RSA
- Keen eye for cleanliness
- Cost effective venue décor
- Strong IT skills
Benefits and perks:
- Competitive salary
- KPI and Target incentives & Bonuses
- Negotiated discounts on venue products and Merch
- Ground floor growth within the company
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.