Slipstream's Brisbane home is one impressive brewery and if you'd like to help deliver the Slipstream experience, they are searching for a functions coordinator.
Job Description: FUNCTIONS COORDINATOR / HOST
We are a small team of passionate people, producing some of the most accessible and sessionable craft beers in Australia. Our beers are brewed with nothing but pure flavour in mind, with our popular, award-winning core range line-up as well as a regular limited release program & exclusive small batch program for our venue.
Last year, we opened our 250-seat bar & kitchen, which seamlessly connects customers to our brewery and we strive to create a great customer experience.
We have a new, full time position available to help us provide the ultimate Slipstream Brewing experience, by being the first contact for guests visiting or contacting our venue.
The successful candidate will ideally have experience in hospitality and will primarily be responsible for all venue enquiries, functions and bookings as well as assisting with major events held onsite.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
- Make all of our guests feel welcome with greeting on arrival
- Seating guests at tables
- Continually update reservations platform
- Communicate with management and front of house team during service
- Making reservations and co-ordinating group bookings and functions both over the phone, via email and in person
- Processing function payments and keep accurate records for each function
- Communication with the Head Chef in regard to function menu selection
- Work with venue management team to create a venue events calendar and assist with implementing to ensure on site events are successful
- Some administrative tasks as required
- Previous experience as a Host in restaurant setting preferred
- Knowledge of booking platforms and the reservations process
- Have an attentive approach to guest engagement
- Previous experience in function booking and coordination will be an advantage
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Available to work Wednesday thru to Sunday (including evenings), flexibility will be offered for the right candidate
- Have a positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Exceptional Customer Service skills
- Ability to multi-task and remain composed under pressure
- A great team player
- Excellent personal presentation
- QLD RSA
What we offer
A rare opportunity to join one of Brisbane’s best craft beer brands & venues as part of a small but passionate team.
- Fun and flexible working environment
- Free meals
- Beer allowance & discounts
This role would suit someone with a hospitality background who has a great passion for people and for providing a great experience. If you have a passion for craft beer – even better! We are looking for a candidate who has the potential to grow within our business.
To apply, send your resume along with a cover letter outlining your experience as relevant to this role & why you’re the best candidate to join our team. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or apply via Seek.