Bridge Road are one of the country's pioneering brewery and despite a long history, they never ceased to innovate.
If you'd like to join them in the High Country, they're hiring a packaging operator.
Job Description: Packaging Operator
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Reporting to: Head Brewer
Remuneration: Remuneration Package to be negotiated Location: Beechworth, Victoria
This is a unique opportunity to part of growing organisation in a growth sector in a vibrant part of North East Victoria. We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, energetic and hard working person to join our dynamic team in the Brewery as Packaging Operator.
Beechworth is a vibrant town serviced regularly by flights and rail links to the nearby centres of Albury and Wangaratta. Melbourne is approximately 280km south and Sydney (600 km). The town provides easy access to highly regarded wine and gourmet food regions of Beechworth as well as Rutherglen and the King Valley just to name a few.
The region also attracts significant numbers of annual visitors to explore the Victorian snowfields and high country. The region abounds with unique accommodation offerings in sympathy with nature and provides easy access to many outdoor pursuits including skiing, hiking, camping, bush walking, fishing, cycle rail-trails and more.
Our Core Values
“Respect the Craft”
Bridge Road Brewers was founded by Ben and Maria, on the back of hard work, family and community support and a passion for what they do and how they do it. This has created a culture for a growing team to work and grow. This culture has continued to evolve thanks to many individuals who have worked with us over the years.
The pillars of this culture are backed up by our values:
- Authentic, Real, Honest – Respect: Quality
- Independently Family Owned – Respect: Our people + community
- 100% Brewed In-House – Respect: what we do, get it done
The Packaging Operator will report to the Head Brewer.
The Packaging Operator will be accountable for the following:
- Operating responsibility for the efficient operation of the bottling and packaging lines
- Setting-up and packing down of bottling and kegging line
- Trouble shooting operation of the bottling line
- Cleaning and sanitising the line, including developing protocol and record keeping
- Undertaking daily maintenance of the labelling, bottling and packing line
- Packing bottles and kegs
- Responsible for quality control and reporting of packaging of all products
- Management of museum stock
- Warehousing and order picking for distribution
- Ensuring the culture and values are maintained
- Other accountabilities as defined by the Head Brewer and GM from time to time
- Technical experience maintaining and operating packaging equipment, including fillers for bottles, labellers, case packers, and other automated packaging equipment
- A working knowledge of process equipment including: electrical controls, process instrumentation, and programmable logical controls
- Must have the ability and aptitude to perform electrical, mechanical, and programming troubleshooting
- Ability to perform and implement quality control tests and procedures
- Ability to work quickly and effectively whilst maintaining extremely high standards
- Solid knowledge and understanding of craft beer and knowledge of the brewing process
- Ability to work under pressure and be production orientated
- An ability to meet targets and goals effectively
- High attention to detail
- Able to lift heavy objects safely
- Have strong work ethics and able to adhere to strict punctuality requirements
- An ability to work well in a team environment
- A preparedness to live and work in a vibrant regional area
- Drivers Licence
- Forklift licence and other workplace certificates an advantage
Applications addressing the key accountabilities and selection criteria should be emailed through to firstname.lastname@example.org.