The team behind a startup brewery in Northwest Bali are looking to take on an experienced brewer.
If you'd like to brew beer in one of the world's most popular holiday destinations, here's what you need to know.
JOB DESCRIPTION: EXPERIENCED BREWER – BALI
Ever wanted to live and work in one of the most beautiful destinations in the world? Well now you can!
We are a startup brewery based in Northwest Bali, a stone's throw from Indonesia's premier diving and snorkelling location. The brewery has a state of the art 30hl, four-vessel brewhouse along with a sweet 3hl pilot system. Our CODI canning line is currently on the water and will be ready for commissioning in late June.
We’re looking for an experienced brewer with 3-5 years of commercial brewing operations to join our small but dynamic team. The successful applicant will report to Australian brewer of the year and industry legend Sam Fuss as Chief brewer and be an integral part of the team, ensuring our production schedule and quality programs are always met.
This is a full-time permanent position and you will be rewarded with a great salary, the opportunity to live in the serene tropical location of North Bali and being part of a new brewery where passion, quality and family values are key.
Duties and responsibilities
- Have a hands on approach to all day to day brewing operations
- Be proficient in daily recordkeeping, sampling and lab operations inc yeast counts
- Be involved in all aspects of production
- Perform maintenance and regular checks on all brewing equipment and utilities
- Work closely with senior team to innovate and activate
- Mentor, train and inspire all team members
- Be a leader in safety and safe work practices
- Represent the brewery and engage with our customers, community and trade partners
- Operate forklifts to load/unload raw materials and finished product
- Stocktakes and ordering raw material and brewing aids
Our ideal candidate
- Is passionate about all aspects of beer and brewing
- Has the same passion as we have, in promoting and incorporating locally grown or produced ingredients into our beer.
- Will be highly motivated and has the ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- Be physically fit and willing to perform labour intensive tasks
- Thrive when faced with challenges
- Be meticulous with quality, process and hygiene
- Be able to detect off flavours and other QA/QC requirements
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Is easy going and fun
If this sounds like the role for you please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.