Ballistic Beer make beer across multiple homes in Queensland but much of it is brewed in Salisbury.
If you'd like to join them at that brewery, they're hiring a production team leader.
Job Description: Production Team Leader
Ballistic Beer is a multi-gold award-wining brewery with five hospitality venues in Queensland. We are passionate about crafting and delivering the best possible beer experience to everyone, regardless of their taste, knowledge and preference or style.
We promote our core values at every opportunity – Fostering community, striving for quality and excellence, seeking continuous improvement, and always ensuring we show care, acceptance and respect.
We are a young company working within the dynamic industry of brewery and hospitality venues and believe that beer is the best beverage in the world! It encourages conversation, nurtures community, and promotes collaboration.
About the Role
The ideal candidate will have worked in breweries in both the brewing and quality departments and looking to grow into a supervisory role within a brewery.
The Brewery Production Team Leader reports to the Head Brewer and is a “hands on” role encompassing managing the performance of the brewery and brewery team day-to-day as well as brewery operational tasks as required.
Brewery Operational Tasks
- Wort production
- Keg washing and filling
- Packaging line assistance
- CIP of fermenters and BBT’s
- Yeast cropping, storage and pitching
The key functions of this role include:
- Supervising and developing a small team of brewers
- Working with the Quality Manager to oversee quality control, lab and cleaning
- Regular maintenance of the brew house and other equipment in the brewery
- Assist with new product development
- Assist with marketing activities as required, including events and trade shows/festivals, etc
The candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- A love of quality beer
- The ability to lead a team
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a production brewery
- Strong technical knowledge of brewing, packaging, brewing science and sensory
- A mechanically minded nature
- Well developed communication skills
- Current Australian driver's licence
- QLD Forklift License and RSA preferred
Beer-related qualification or relevant tertiary/trade experience will be regarded highly.
This is a full-time position based at our Salisbury brewery.
To apply, please send a copy of your resume to: email@example.com.
For further information please call Kerie Obrien on 0408 275 807.