Brick Lane are based in Melbourne's south-east, where the brewery makes their own range of beers alongside those brewed for others.
Such an operation requires a lot of ordering raw materials and if you'd to be responsible for it, they're hiring.
Job Description: Purchasing Officer (Raw Materials)
Brick Lane Brewing is a proudly independent brewer making awesome beers and ciders from its world class brewery in South East Melbourne.
The Brick Lane Brewing Community includes all those who enjoy good beer – our consumers, customers, partner brewers, suppliers, friends and other independent brewers. We have an amazing home base in Dandenong South and believe in inclusivity and diversity in brewing and that we have an obligation to do good in our community and environment. We actively engage with a broad range of partners across a variety of areas through brewing great beers, partnering with customers in the trade, and helping community organisations and charities.
About the role
We are seeking a Purchasing Officer to join our Operations team. This role will be responsible for the purchasing and inventory management of all raw materials in line with our supply plan.
In this role, you will:
- Run the Materials Requirement Planning process to ensure timely delivery and correct inventory levels to meet the supply plan
- Place orders with suppliers in line with the supply plan.
- Stock control of raw materials, including stocktaking, inventory adjustments and stock variance reporting
- Collaborate with warehouse department on raw materials delivery scheduling
- Develop raw materials forecasts to support long term procurement strategy and raw material contracting
- Supplier management, including supplier business reviews of DIFOT and quality
- Support the quality department with the approved supplier process – support supplier quality auditing
- Maintain ERP item master data for raw materials
- Identify and implement cost improvement strategies in the raw materials supply chain
You will have:
- Previous experience in purchasing, supply planning, procurement or similar roles
- Food and beverage or FMCG experience (highly favourable)
- Demonstrated experience with enterprise resource planning software
- Working knowledge of the MRP process
- Experience in supplier management
- High attention to detail
- Competitive remuneration package
- World Class Facility
- Environmentally and socially responsible workplace
- Great company culture with great perks
- Free Onsite Parking at Brewery
- Employee Assistance Program
We are a small and dynamic team – looking for team players willing to roll their sleeves up and deliver results!
If this sounds like you and you’re keen to join our award winning team at our world class brewery, please apply!
Please note that we are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies at this time.
The right to work in Australia essential.
Want to know more about Brick Lane Brewing? Check us out at www.bricklanebrewing.com or on Facebook and Instagram.