The Gold Coast's local beer and spirits offering is set to grow before the year is out, with a new brewery and distillery in Burleigh nearly ready to open.
Before they do, they're looking to hire a venue manager to lead their hospitality team.
JOB DESCRIPTION: VENUE MANAGER
‘Project Bravo’ is launching an exciting new Brewery and Distillery this December in Burleigh - the heart of the Gold Coast. The brewery will be a celebration of the Gold Coast’s good food, good surf, and great beer.
We are seeking a class act Venue Manager to bring life to our new brewery and distillery.
We need someone with prior venue management experience, ideally from a brewery background with a deep passion for sharing our love of beer, food, and old fashion hospitality.
You will be expected to work alongside HQ as well as our Head Brewer and Head Chef to ensure that the ‘Project Bravo’ experience is achieved. You will be responsible for coordinating daily tavern management operations and delivering superior food and beverage service, so it is important that you are a confident leader with great time management skills and are committed to nurturing relationships with your team.
Job tasks and responsibilities:
- Management of venue: including (but not limited to) cost control, labour management, P&Ls, marketing insight and activations, KPIs/targets.
- Driving a new venue with a lot of headroom for maximisation.
- Hands on and operational role working with a close-knit team of staff to develop, train, upskill and work to consistently raise the bar on exceeding our guest experience.
- Instilling and fostering the ‘Project Bravo’ culture within the team.
- Liaising with kitchen to ensure consistent quality and presentation of meals.
- Ensuring presentation of venue is of the highest standard at all times.
- Ensuring staff and patron compliance with liquor licensing, council regulations, food safety, WHS, fair work, covid-safe and other relevant legislative instruments.
- Identifying and facilitating recruitment and training requirements.
- Team member rostering in line with forecasting and budgeting.
- Finding new and exciting ways to promote the venue.
- Arranging the purchasing of goods according to budget, maintaining records of stock levels and financial transactions.
- Leading and coaching a diverse team of people, ensuring that team culture is at the forefront of everything that you do.
- Being the face of the venue and brand ambassador.
Skills and experience
- Demonstrated leadership qualities with the ability to motivate and train a team of staff.
- Extensive knowledge of, and passion for, the independent drinks markets and commitment to ongoing learning about the wide and revolving range of beers that our brewing team produces.
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving and leadership.
- Ability to work autonomously with direction and guidance from HQ.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Genuine desire to build a connection with the local Burleigh community.
- At least 2 years of previous experience in people management and implementation/oversight of venue operations.
- Friendly, positive, and approachable attitude which creates a stand-out experience that celebrates great food, great beer, and great service.
- Current QLD RSA.
- Approved manager (liquor license).
- Must have unrestricted Australian work rights.
Job benefits and perks:
- Expanding business with further training and development opportunities
- This position offers many exciting benefits and perks, to be discussed with the appropriate candidate
If you’re interested in this position, please email us at email@example.com.