Ballistic Beer are a brewery that's been growing fast in Queensland and have a focus on getting fresh beer to their community.
If you've got a strong science background with a focus on fermentation, they likely want to hear from you.
Job Description: Quality Technician
Ballistic Beer Co is home to a fast-growing community of beer lovers from all walks of life. We’re a team of innovative brewers who believe everyone should have the chance to enjoy a well crafted, quality beer. At Ballistic we have a simple theory. Fresh beer is the best beer. That’s why we brew in small batches, more frequently, and store it cold so you get the same blast of flavour our brewers do. Our Pale Ales, Lagers, IPAs, Sours and special releases will blow away the traditional ideas and expectations of what beer should be.
Ballistic Beer Co. is seeking an enthusiastic individual with a strong science background focusing on microbiology and fermentation to fulfil a role as a Quality Technician at our rapidly growing and award-winning independent brewery.
Applicants with a minimum Graduate level qualification in Food Science or Microbiology with relevant laboratory experience are preferred for this position. A love for good beer will also be favourably considered.
Working under the supervision of the Quality Manager, the Quality Technician will ensure the completion of daily laboratory and quality requirements. The role requires direct liaison with the brewery production and packaging teams to ensure that all quality assurance and control requirements are being achieved and recorded. You will assist the Quality Manager in all facets of brewery quality and will be required to work autonomously at times.
Key responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Yeast counting and viability analysis, propagation, storage and culture isolation,
- Assisting in development and operation of in-house microbiological testing and reporting program,
- Assisting to develop, implement, and refine workplace SOP’s reflective of the growing brewery quality program and laboratory activities,
- Assist in facilitation of sensory program,
- Data collection, analysis and reporting,
- Providing a high level of health and safety awareness in the workplace and helping to identify areas needing improvement,
- Enthusiasm to work in a dynamic, team-orientated environment with ability to work autonomously at times,
- Willingness to learn and grow as a part of a rapidly growing independent brewery.
Ballistic Beer Co prides itself on its flexible working arrangements and we are open to receiving applicants who may be seeking part-time or full-time working arrangements.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and a one-page cover letter explaining why this role is for you to: firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information please call Kerie O'Brien on 0408 275 807.