Burleigh Brewing are pioneers of brewing on the Gold Coast, having launched 15 years ago.
If you'd like to sell Burleigh beers in their state's far north, the brewery is hiring a business development manager.
Job Description: Business Development Manager, FNQ
To assist candidates when searching, this role is listed on SEEK as both a Cairns and a Townsville based role. Only one position is available, however it could be based in either location.
Do you boast an enviable reputation as being a high performing and trustworthy liquor sales professional? Do you have strong existing relationships in the liquor industry in Far North QLD? Do you have a thorough understanding of On and Off-Premise liquor markets in this region?
If so, we may be a perfect match!
We are seeking an experienced, energetic person to join our fabulous team at Burleigh Brewing and to expand and grow our business in Far North QLD.
With a national brand and an enviable suite of products driving growth in the exciting craft beer category, this full-time business development role is vast and varied. Covering a territory from Cairns to Townsville, (and possibly a regional run), you will service a mix of customers from on premise bars and restaurants, to independent banner retailers and national accounts.
Reporting to the Head of Field Sales, you will be required to develop strong relationships with our existing customers and forge new ones with those new to our portfolio.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Effectively plan and coordinate territory coverage across the 2 main geographic locations (preferably have covered this area previously)
- Leverage existing relationships to gain incremental distributions and opportunities at store level
- Deliver defined targets and outcomes for both new business and growth in existing accounts
- Effectively execute sales strategies in a manner that is aligned with the Burleigh Brewing brand
- Work effectively on strategic business and account planning, to collaboratively grow customer outcomes in a meaningful and long-term manner
- Executional excellence in-store merchandising, audits, and promotional execution
- Nurture strong customer relationships across channels and stakeholders
- Have a single-minded focus on the Burleigh Brewing brand to outperform the market
- Advocate for promotional opportunities such as tastings, events, festivals which may require after hours commitments.
- Demonstrate disciplined record keeping and attention to detail on reporting
- Manage mix in field
- Show high commercial acumen, including strong planning and negotiation skills
- Demonstrate superior client management and customer care skills along with superior verbal and written communication skills
- Possess sound computer skills & CRM use would be advantageous
Essential Experience and Attributes:
- Established relationships within the FNQ liquor industry
- Successful sales history within the industry
- Willingness to work at hours to suit our customers’ operations
- A motivated, self-driven approach to managing a regional territory
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Confident, yet engaging manner
- Task and results oriented
- A team player
- A current driver’s licence with a clear driving history
You will need to demonstrate proven experience in building long term sustainable business relationships and in successfully delivering – and exceeding - sales targets.
We are seeking someone with a commitment to becoming a long-term member of our team and who is excited about the prospect of working for a dynamic organisation with a passion for success.
Salary package including fully maintained vehicle, sales incentive program and phone/laptop.
Applications close 1 October 2021, however, interviews may commence sooner, so applying promptly is encouraged.