Feral Brewing are craft beer pioneers, having launched in the Swan Valley in 2002.
The brewery also has a major production site in Bassendean, which is where you'll be working if you become their next brewer.
Job Description: Experienced Brewer
A little about us
Feral Brewing Company was born out of the red dirt of the Swan Valley in 2002. Before craft beer really existed in WA, we decided to have a crack at brewing beers unlike anything seen on the domestic market, by definition ‘Feral’.
Feral Brewing Co. is now well regarded as one of the top craft breweries in Australia, and consistently creates some of the best and most awarded beers.
This production brewery position, located in Bassendean involves working in our brewhouse and cellar. Your core duties will include wort production, CIPing and sanitising vessels, filtering and centrifuging beer, dry hopping, pitching yeast, yeasting off and managing waste water. With the ambition of training the successful applicant to be competent in both cellar and brewhouse operations within a 12-18 month timeframe and then work in a rotating roster to perform both roles. Working hours are 8 hour shifts from 6am to 6pm on a rotating start time, Monday to Friday with some minor weekend work as required.
Essential Duties and Requirements
- Performing brewing and cellaring operations
- In depth knowledge of the brewing process and good understanding of quality control and packaging operations
- Maintaining a clean and safe work environment for efficient operation
- Ability to operate to a standard operating procedure
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving ability
- Actively participating in continuous improvement activities across safety, quality and efficiency
- Forklift usage to load/unload raw materials and finished product
Our successful candidate will demonstrate the following
- Excellent workplace behaviours including strong teamwork, integrity and consistency
- The ability to work safely and have the physical capacity to perform the manual tasks associated with the position, this includes lifting 25kg bags of malt
- A highly motivated attitude and the ability to work unsupervised, as well as part of a team
- An ability and willingness to learn new skills
- Experience and knowledge of IT systems such as computerised control panels and Microsoft office applications
Education and Skills
- IBD diploma or equivalent brewing qualification favoured but not essential
- Forklift license essential
Feral Brewing Co. is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.
Please send your resume and a cover letter detailing why you would like to work for Feral to email@example.com.