Matilda Bay helped kickstart craft beer in Australia and the CUB-backed operation now runs a brewpub in Healesville under original co-founder Phil Sexton. You can read our interview about his return to the business here.
To help sell the brewery's beers in its own backyard and other parts of Victoria, the team is hiring a sales rep.
Job Description: Beer Ambassador (Sales Representative)
Matilda Bay is Australia’s original craft brewery, founded in Fremantle in 1983 by a group of friends who were inspired by true craftmanship from the UK and Europe’s finest beers.
First brewed in a small microbrewery at the Sail & Anchor Hotel in Freemantle, locals were introduced to a variety of small batch, hand crafted beers from Anchor Ale, "a dark, copper-coloured, traditional ale”, to Redback Original Wheat, Dogbolter Dark Ale and later the award winning Alpha Pale Ale.
The brewery since has moved across Australia but has now found a new home in the pristine hills of the Yarra Valley based in Healesville which will fast become the brand's new spiritual home.
We are a company that prides ourselves on acting with honesty and integrity with a relentless focus on generating a culture of ownership and a brewery that produces high quality, balanced, beautiful beer.
We are looking for a passionate, vibrant Beer Ambassador (sales rep) to bring the new wave of Matilda Bay brews back to Australian pubs. The role requires a highly motivated, results orientated individual with a passion and knowledge of beer and at least two years of relevant industry sales experience to represent the Matilda Bay business in the Yarra Valley & High-Country area.
The role reports to the COO and will be integral to the resurgence of Matilda Bay in the industry. As an ideal candidate, you will live and breathe the Matilda Bay company values, have an unparalleled passion for everything beer, with a strong network and relationships in the Yarra Valley Region. You will embrace a fast-paced environment while adopting a start-up company mindset, taking ownership in your actions and decisions to achieve a positive result for the business and brand.
Relevant Experience & Attributes.
- An intimate understanding and passion for beer.
- Commercial Sales experience in Liquor or FMCG.
- Proven track record of achievement in sales.
- Ability to network and build relationships.
- Self-motivated with the ability to structure and organise own work outcomes.
- A resilient, tenacious, team player
Key role tasks.
- Be a true ambassador for Matilda Bay and beer.
- Achieve new sales distribution and deliver to aggressive sales targets.
- Maintain, drive and expand territory & customer base.
- Implement in outlet staff training in all Matilda Bay outlets.
- Conduct weekly in outlet tastings during peak trading days & periods
- Set up and attend Beer Festivals & Events as and when required
Why Matilda Bay?
- Australia’s Original Craft Brewery that is ready to take craft beer back to its roots.
- Environmentally and socially conscious.
- A Passionate, honest, unpretentious and fun team.
- Competitive remuneration package (base salary, super, incentive scheme, fully expensed company car + phone + laptop)
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.