After a long search, Philter found a home in Marrickville last year and from July, the crew hope to be welcoming beer drinkers through the doors.
Before that day comes, there's a lot of beer to brew and so Philter are hiring a lead brewer.
Job Description: Lead Brewer
Philter Brewing has come home to Marrickville! We’re creating the good stuff on our own turf and we need a Lead Brewer. This is a full-time role, reporting to our Head Brewer.
As Lead Brewer you will lead the brewing process and be responsible for delivering to the deadlines and requirements of the daily production schedule. We need our beer produced to-spec, on-time and in-full.
You’ll co-manage a small and dynamic brewing team and be responsible for implementing positive training standards with a focus on safety, culture and organisational development.
You’ll also need to work closely with other departments to provide accurate info and updates on brewing performance so we can keep both our forecast and schedule as efficient as possible.
The Responsibilities (include but are not restricted to):
- The delivery of the day-to-day operation of a Production Schedule, as outlined by the Head Brewer
- Working closely with the Head Brewer to oversee all safety, quality, day-to-day production aspects and production planning
- Ensuring delivery of forecasted volumes of beer
- Managing the brewing team to achieve scheduled product KPIs and deadlines
- Diligence in abiding by quality standards and recipe requirements
- Accurately entering all required data into brewery management software
- Driving continual improvement, development and implementation of standards and processes
- Ensuring that all safety measures and procedures as defined by Philter are met and respected
- Bringing experience and best practice knowledge to the company in order to improve brewery processes and procedures
- Working closely with the Head Brewer and other department leaders to fulfil business demand, drive efficiency and produce high quality finished product
- Active brewing activities on the brewery floor, in addition to team leadership responsibilities
- Maintaining brewery production equipment to a high standard of organisation and cleanliness
- Ensuring good communication, promoting positive culture and relationships across our company and supplier base
- Representing the brand at all times, both inside and outside the brewery. You will engage directly with our customers and community both in the venue and in trade
- Attending and working at promotional activities such as beer festivals and events
You’ll be able to demonstrate:
- At least five years experience as a technical brewer in a commercial brewery
- Experience with production planning, monitoring and forecasting inventory levels
- Experience as a senior brewer responsible for managing production efficiency
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves, be a team player and deliver results
- That you are highly organised and able to efficiently plan
- The ability to maintain accurate and thorough brewing records
- A good understanding of recipe development
- Great communication skills
- That you are willing and able to perform physically demanding work including heavy lifting and manual labour
- The ability to achieve the highest quality standards
- Flexibility to work around changing production schedules - this will include shift work and some weekend work
- An ability to be extremely methodical with hygiene and cleanliness
- Experience with automated brewhouse systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong business acumen
- Forward thinking approach to tasks
- Mechanical aptitude
- Five years previous production brewing experience
- IBD Diploma or equivalent technical qualifications
- Forklift ticket preferred
- Valid driver licence
- The right to work in Australia
Are you the one we’re looking for?
Awesome! Please send over a cover letter detailing prior relevant experience and a current resumé by June 22 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary will be based on experience and qualifications. We are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies.